Lower Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SSP North has a billet lower for $99, believe it was Fronteir. I just got the Spartan billet lower. Buy 3 and got them for $99 plus transfer. Look at PSA and you can get lower build kits petty cheap. But with anything other than a base lower you will be over $200 now days.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just finished a non polymer budget build. If you are patient, Palmetto state has stripped blemished lowers for $49.99 and a DPMS parts kit for $59.99, it'll take a few weeks to get here though. You can get a mil spec size buffer assembly on ebay for $20 shipped.
That's the cheapest route to go and still retain some reliability IMO.
Joebob's would be my next recommendation, they have a wide range of prices on their lowers, lpk's and always ship by the end of the next day.
If you want it now, I'd head up to Sooner State Pawn, you can check online to see what they have in stock. They had complete lowers for $199 not that long ago, just switch out the cheap stock and all that and you'd be done, though that's not nearly as fun!

Put together an Anderson lower that was blemished with a 79.99 shipped complete lower parts kit from PSA with Blackhawk grip and stock. I think the lower with transfer and shipping ended up being 47.00 so looking at the sub 130 range for a complete lower.

Lots of places out there to find stuff if you are willing to wait for a sale.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a buddy who's built a few who offered.
I'm thinking a Punisher with dpms internals.
I was using a suppressor on the upper I'll build for it any precautions?

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Matched upper and lower from mega machine is the way to roll personally. Built my wife's rifle on a mega gator upper/lower combo and it is very nicely fitted. Yes you can build it on an anderson or some other discount lower and be just fine provided all your holes and threads are in spec, I had to send a discount lower back to be "fixed" they cut the buffer tube threads wrong and recutting left them looser than I would like but over 10K rounds and it's still running with 0 issues just standard maintenance. It's the guts that make it work like you want it to, cheap crap lpk = cheap crap functional feel.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So let me ask this.
Knock on wood. If my dpms internals are bad and rip themselves to shreds or I absolutly hate them how difficult would it be to replace them?
I'd think it would be the same as building it in the first place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom