LS vs gen 1 or BBC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always wanted to build a Bucket T roadster to just drive around the lake on Sundays.
We had a car show at Lake Ponca on Saturday. Lots of fine vehicles on display.

This is what I'd love to have.

1717471381244.png

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if I find some frame material before a host I may take a shot at building something like that….id be cool!!!
I always wanted to build a Bucket T roadster to just drive around the lake on Sundays.
We had a car show at Lake Ponca on Saturday. Lots of fine vehicles on display.

This is what I'd love to have.

View attachment 483907

A different buddy of mine got an LQ9 and carbed it and stuck headers on it and 3" exhaust.
Stuck it in a 1977 long bed.
Heavier than my 57 chevy by 380 lbs.

Man it ran well for how simple he made it. TH350 3000 stall and 3.42 gears.
He could not beat me and I kept pulling away from rolls.

So apart it came and trunion rocker upgrade and different cam that was on a 109LSA and I ported his heads and added 3 angle valve job on exhaust and raised the exhaust runners.

Now it ran very well and he stuck an auburn posi unit in it.
Still could not pull away so i loaned him my 800 carb.

That was just enough over the 750 that I began sweating.

Now this other LS with 6.2 needs a higher stall for better launches currently
has a circle D 3000 11 3/4" diameter. And will get a 9 3/4" 4500-4600 circle D pro series.

I will clamp the front 1/2 of the leaf springs and may add anothr spring there or move some of the spring pack forward.

It has slight wheel hop that feels like chatter but does bite pretty good but it needs to bite 100%
Tires are Nitto 555RII 325-50-15 and I may need to find a different one but I think I will leave these for now and see what happens with the 60 foot times first.

It runs best 2.0?? in the 60 foot and I would really like a 1.75 minimum.
With the power it makes it should pull off some 1.6 but it is no lightweight so my hopes are low for just those 2 tweaks.

OH and going to change the thermostat or wire the fans to come on much earlier.
This 195-210 coolant temps and under hood heat soak is killing ET.

It went 13.8 at 210 and 13.5 at 195° ish after a long cool down.
Guy that programed it kept the fans off until 200°.

This is supposed to be a drag truck not a daily driver.
Next up if it is not in the 12's it will get the 3.73 gears removed and 4.56 gears installed and retest.

And if that does not do it then a retune and possibly the low profile (made for corvette) BTR intake will be pulled and something like an LSXR or Sniper intake will be used if the owner is froggy enough.

1 major change at a time.
So this lq9 of mine is a supposed 408ci. I didn’t get any paperwork or anything but a great story with it. It has 706 heads and when I get a camera I’m gonna check the pistons to see if they are dished, if so I got an lq4. Either way I’ll race ya when I get er done! But it maybe a while, and I’ll sure I’ll be messaging you a bunch for some knowledge, if you don’t mind sir.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one of these in 2018 with big plans. All steel and original Ford steel.
27T 001.JPG
27T 002.JPG

And my fishing buddy had one of these and I liked it more than the roadster so we traded.

003.JPG

Then that plan changed after a year or so when another friend that had a 78 Nova I built for him was done with the Nova.
Sold the other Ford and yea a grandma Nova sits in that spot.

Thinking the 383 stroker will go in the Nova.

Latest posts

Top Bottom