M1 Carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It appears this guy busted out his NFA asset in a neighborhood parkinglot. Yikes.

i49.tinypic.com_17embo.jpg

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree that the M1 is a really cool rifle. They are really fun and easy to shoot. So easy they are a great tool to train teens, pre-teens and women to shoot...other than using a 22 of course. Inland made most of the WW2 M1's but as others have stated, lots of folks like IBM made them...Winchester too. I just bought an Inland for $600 at a local gun shop. Most really nice Inlands can be had for $550 - $700. IBM, Winchester, etc will cost a little more due to their collector value.
Have fun

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a USGI M1 made by IBM I would sell. It was a send back from the Bavarian Police and has the plum colored trigger guard. These are a whole nother subset of historical M1's. When I got it I had the whole story, but I believe it was given to the Bavarian Police by the US to restore order after the war. Easily identified by the plum colored trigger guard. Ultimately made it back to CMP where I bought it several years ago. Shot it once when I got it and it's been in the safe since.

i73.photobucket.com_albums_i204_tul9033_Guns_43efcf8b.jpg

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tul9033 said:
I've got a USGI M1 made by IBM I would sell. It was a send back from the Bavarian Police and has the plum colored trigger guard. These are a whole nother subset of historical M1's. When I got it I had the whole story, but I believe it was given to the Bavarian Police by the US to restore order after the war. Easily identified by the plum colored trigger guard. Ultimately made it back to CMP where I bought it several years ago.

I have one of those but mine is a Blue Sky import. Does yours have the serial number routed into the stock?

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted a picture in my original post. The serial number on the stock is stamped in the sling/oiler area.
CMP sold out of these and says they are gone forever. I also had a unfired Garand Special I sold earlier in the year. I have too much going on in pistol's and AR's to admire and appreciate the M1's. Although I have tons of respect for them!

I have one of those but mine is a Blue Sky import. Does yours have the serial number routed into the stock?

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the last couple of gun shows the M1 carbines were everywhere. On dealers tables and people carrying them around. I had never seen so many up for sale, I didn't check prices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom