M1a scooe mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took a different route and went with the CASM mount. Mounts very, very solid. Couldn't be happier. In all honesty, you'll need something on your stock to get proper cheek weld by mounting a scope and by doing this, you won't be able to really use your irons anyway.

http://www.m14.ca/

Specifically:

http://www.m14.ca/M14_M1A_CASM_Scope_Mount.html

I can still get a pretty good cheek weld with my Bassett mount - it's not perfect, but certainly adequate for hitting those steel silhouettes out yonder. Plus, it has something of a vintage military look, which was what I was going for. That CASM mount looks good, but it certainly doesn't have that vintage appearance :wink2:

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can still get a pretty good cheek weld with my Bassett mount - it's not perfect, but certainly adequate for hitting those steel silhouettes out yonder. Plus, it has something of a vintage military look, which was what I was going for. That CASM mount looks good, but it certainly doesn't have that vintage appearance :wink2:

You definitely have me there on the vintage appeal. My M1A is anything but vintage. Every mount I tried (including the CASM) gave me more of a chin weld. I bought a stock riser to fix that. Btw, I love the classic look of your M1A. It's a very versatile rifle that can be setup in a ton of different configurations. And I'm a guy who loves options.

brownbronco78

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havent seen the casm till today it looks very stout I have the archangel m1a stock on mine I didnt think I would like it but it has got to one of the most comfortable stocks I have ever had its so customizable and at only 220 it doesnt break the bank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

aa5b

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went with the Sadlak Titanium mount. I highly recommend Sadlak mounts. Scoping an M1A is no place to skimp. The Sadlak mount holds zero after hundreds of rounds.

brownbronco78

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_12_24_buqe4egu.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom