MacFromOK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm hoping you are feeling a little bit better every day, my friend. This bug that's going around isn't playing so please give yourself all the time you need to rest and fight it off.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mac, my sincerest condolences on the passing of your sweetie. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. There are some great guys and gals on OSA and we are all pulling for you. May God bless you, sir.

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thanks to all for your concern and prayers. Sorry I haven't replied sooner, but I've been a sick puppy. I got sick on Christmas day around 10pm. Sweetie got sick the following night, and passed away the following Sunday (Jan 2).

I actually stayed with some friends (the wife is a former nurse) for around 3 weeks afterward, because I got so weak. She checked my O2 level after they helped me to the bathroom early on, and it was 72. I'm guessing my lung capacity was 5-10% of normal, and much of that was used to hack up stuff.

I gradually improved enough to come back home (last Friday), but it was a challenge. I could barely make it to the bathroom and back to my chair. Had to rest around 30 minutes before I could do anything else. Same situation with trips to the kitchen.

However, once again I have slowly improved. Sometimes I can go to the bathroom and do a bit in the kitchen before I sit down, and now it only takes 5-10 minutes to recover. Am currently on steroids and will start on a Spireva inhaler today at noon (hope it works, cost over $500 for ONE inhaler).

I probably won't be on OSA much for a while. Am about a month behind on everything, and only on the computer for a little while at a time. The girl that was helping with Sweetie comes up most days and helps out.

You can view my sweet wife's obituary online (link below). So much more could have been said, and yet not been enough. I still love her more than life.

Thanks again for everyone's concern, and please continue the prayers. I'm sure there's a light at the end of this nighmare tunnel somewhere.

May God bless you all,
Mac

Rachel's Obit

Note: The pic is of Sweetie and myself in the late '90s.

Latest posts

Top Bottom