When is it scariest to drive where you are?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think for me it is not when I drive, it is where. I-44 running through Missouri is scary and fun. Lot's of really bad drivers 24-7 without a doubt. Worst is going through St. Louis to Illinois around rush hour. The Turner Turnpike is pretty bad too. Seen one couple doing while I was doing 85, they were in a Volvo Wagon towing an empty trailer around 3:30 PM on a weekday, got up next to me on the right (they were passing on the right) and had to spike their brakes (they didn't see slower cars in front of them, perhaps they were blind or myopic, the trailer bounced literally of the ground then on each wheel several times, I was worried it would hit me with the wild moves it was but fortunately I moved a head of that mess and got to see it in my rear view mirror. They continued on, ended up behind me. I decided to stop for gas so I was no where near them.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Worst is going through St. Louis to Illinois around rush hour.
A long, long time ago I was headed to a conference in Godforsaken Yankeeland and I hit St. Louis sometime around 6 AM. At the time, I preferred driving overnight and I generally listened to terrestrial radio, so I had just tuned in the morning program on one of STL’s local stations. I took the southern loop around town, and as I crossed the Mississippi into Illinois, they were just finishing the morning show. Yeah, I was in traffic on interstate highways in STL for three freaking hours.

I’ve driven in Dallas 5pm traffic once or twice, and I even had to drive from Denton to Love Field in a torrential downpour that had flooded surface streets and the right lane(s) of I-35E to the point that I had to go all the way around to Commerce, but I’ve never spent three hours in one city’s rush hour traffic before (or since). That place was insane that day.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
A long, long time ago I was headed to a conference in Godforsaken Yankeeland and I hit St. Louis sometime around 6 AM. At the time, I preferred driving overnight and I generally listened to terrestrial radio, so I had just tuned in the morning program on one of STL’s local stations. I took the southern loop around town, and as I crossed the Mississippi into Illinois, they were just finishing the morning show. Yeah, I was in traffic on interstate highways in STL for three freaking hours.

I’ve driven in Dallas 5pm traffic once or twice, and I even had to drive from Denton to Love Field in a torrential downpour that had flooded surface streets and the right lane(s) of I-35E to the point that I had to go all the way around to Commerce, but I’ve never spent three hours in one city’s rush hour traffic before (or since). That place was insane that day.
I have spent many an hour in DFW rush hour traffic. You wouldn't believe the crap I saw people doing.

One self centered effer drove his Bently down the shoulder passing hundreds of cars that were stopped dead because of a TA up ahead. I knew this because I had a CB and a scanner. About 30 minutes after I saw that Bently, I saw him again stopped by DPD motor officer.

Tee Hee!

I drove by honking at him and giving him the Hawaiian Good Luck Sign.

Another Dallas effer wanted to exit to the right and did a 5 lane dive cutting off about 20 cars all checking their brakes. Sumbich!

Where was that motor officer when you needed him?

I was passing a truck on the interstate when a biker passed between me and the truck getting in front of me. He then slowed to get me to slow down so his buddies could pass the truck unimpeded. When they passed, the biker in front of me waved at me, nicely, and took off catching up to his buds.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WTF!! Why in the hell would the Centers for Disease Control have anything to do with a study of car crashes related to the time of day?!?!? How about NTSB or DOT worrying about this, if it's even something to worry about. Maybe they are trying to claim all these accidents and deaths on the road are from the 'vid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom