When is it scariest to drive where you are?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0425.jpeg

I’m thinking Oklahoma on this map is influenced by Tinker. When all those gubermint workers get off they’re ready to get home.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m thinking Oklahoma on this map is influenced by Tinker. When all those gubermint workers get off they’re ready to get home.
I'd guess it has more to do with the end of the day in education--high schoolers and college kids being done for the day and soccer moms/dads picking up their kids. I'm kind of surprised at it being that timeframe, as 8-5 seems to be the norm for business hours in Oklahoma, so I'd expect 7:30-8:00am or 5:00-5:30pm to be the dangerous times.

Or maybe it's just Tulsa where it seems that way...

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work nights, 10pm-8am. The college campus I work at is less than 1/4 mile from our local high school, and all that morning traffic as I'm about to leave runs right in front of my building.

Between that bumper to bumper monstrosity and the glaring sun rising in the east, which is the very direction I'm turning to, it's quite a challenge.

Sig365CCW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just getting old but it seems to me people are the rudest and worst drivers that I have ever seen anytime of the day. Like many things in society, it's all about me with a very little common courtesy to the other drivers.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live on a rural highway that as a kid was typically abandoned at night. Now it’s busy all hours of the day.
I think probably a good part of the problem today is there’s so many more people crowding the roads.

Last edited:

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I44 NB and SB through Missouri. You get it all, trucks that move over squeezing you into the guard rails on either side, women in Corolla's doing 90 on bald and bouncing tires, weird routing due to construction, traffic jams spontaneously materializing out of nowhere, people in Prius' eating chips or even watching youtube on their smartphone. You know your on a bad road when illuminated signs show the death toll.

Latest posts

Top Bottom