Machete/large fixed blades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somarsmi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking for a machete or large fixed blade knife to tear up some eastern red cedars that are about one to three feet tall. what would you recommend? I have some pruning loppers that work great but would like to add a another tool to my bucket.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Army surplus stores have the USA marked Machete's on occasion. Very good steel in the blades.

Ace hardware carries a more blunt, shorter model that works good, but the steel is not the quality of the military issued.

somarsmi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Army surplus stores have the USA marked Machete's on occasion. Very good steel in the blades.

Ace hardware carries a more blunt, shorter model that works good, but the steel is not the quality of the military issued.

Thanks I will check out the local surplus stores.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tramontina, brazilian made, for people who use their machetes for everything. cheap as hell. good steel, needs an edge put on and the handle needs filed and sanded a bit, but tramontinas are excellent machetes. if you want, here's a site that offers to sharpen the edge, fit the scales, and square up the spine.

http://www.baryonyxknife.com/tramontina.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom