Mag Na Port Experience?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had my 4" S&W model 65 done about 20 years ago. I also had them to round the butt off. I still have the gun and I love it. Others don't like it, so YMMV.
It was a long time ago, so I don't remember how I paid for it.
Here is a picture of it. It is one of my more frequent carry guns.

Have you done any low light shooting? They advertise that the way mag na porting is done, it doesnt create much of the flash you normally see on ported firearms. Just wondering if you have any issues with being blinded in low light shooting.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you done any low light shooting? They advertise that the way mag na porting is done, it doesnt create much of the flash you normally see on ported firearms. Just wondering if you have any issues with being blinded in low light shooting.

No, I really haven't, and it is something that I am going to have to do. As soon as it warms up a little, I'll have to try it out at dusk to see if there is anything to this.
When I do, I'll let you know what I found out.

Chas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a S&W 681 with a 3" quad port barrel. I haven't shot it alot, but I have shot it at dusk and dark and it seems to have less muzzle flash than my 2 1/2 inch 357's and the port vents are lost in the flash at the end of the barrel any way. I haven't noticed (and I did try to tell) any more noise or blast effect than my 2 1/2 inck 357's, but I have never shot it without hearing protection.

It's the bottom center one.
ai619.photobucket.com_albums_tt280_1chas11_100_0124_1.jpg

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a S&W 681 with a 3" quad port barrel. I haven't shot it alot, but I have shot it at dusk and dark and it seems to have less muzzle flash than my 2 1/2 inch 357's and the port vents are lost in the flash at the end of the barrel any way. I haven't noticed (and I did try to tell) any more noise or blast effect than my 2 1/2 inck 357's, but I have never shot it without hearing protection.

You've got some nice "Smith's"!!!!!! With no pimples!!!!!!!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Great Googley Moogely!
:Heya: :w000t: :w000t: :w000t: :w000t: :w000t: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

Damn! Just damn! If GED sees this he liable to have a stroke. Some fine iron here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom