Magpul Magpods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone used these before?

They replace the baseplate of your PMAG and adds a stabilizing point when using your magazine as a contact point.

I never heard of them before I saw someone post about them on Facebook. I haven’t shot with it yet but I have played around with it in different shooting positions and it actually makes a difference.

IMG_4069.jpeg

IMG_4070.jpeg

Wojownik

Marksman
Reaction score
Hard pass.

Seems like they’re coming up with anything and everything just to make a dollar. Not trying to bash them, but I’m also not a big Magpul fan personally. They make a few ok things but they’re on the last resort list for me.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hard pass.

Seems like they’re coming up with anything and everything just to make a dollar. Not trying to bash them, but I’m also not a big Magpul fan personally. They make a few ok things but they’re on the last resort list for me.
I thought it was going to be gimmicky as well but some of the guys I”that normally do really well at the different run n guns had positive feedback regarding them, so I figured I’d give it a try.

What did you have issues with?

Wojownik

Marksman
Reaction score
I thought it was going to be gimmicky as well but some of the guys I”that normally do really well at the different run n guns had positive feedback regarding them, so I figured I’d give it a try.

What did you have issues with?
I wouldn’t say I’ve had issues, I just prefer other brands and in general. I do have a couple of their magazines that were given to me that I use for range mags. Everything else Magpul I’ve had I’ve either sold, given away, or thrown away.

Those baseplates, to me, seem a bit cheesy. I wouldn’t necessarily use my magazine as a monopod if I could help it, but that’s personal preference. I’d definitely do it if needed though, don’t get me wrong.

I hope they work great for your needs and I appreciate you posting about them. Look forward to hearing how they work out for you when you do try them out shooting.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say I’ve had issues, I just prefer other brands and in general. I do have a couple of their magazines that were given to me that I use for range mags. Everything else Magpul I’ve had I’ve either sold, given away, or thrown away.

Those baseplates, to me, seem a bit cheesy. I wouldn’t necessarily use my magazine as a monopod if I could help it, but that’s personal preference. I’d definitely do it if needed though, don’t get me wrong.

I hope they work great for your needs and I appreciate you posting about them. Look forward to hearing how they work out for you when you do try them out shooting.

I agree with you that the Mag Pod seems like a silly, unnecessary item. It could potentially even induce failures.
However, I disagree with you on the rest of Magpul. You don’t get to their size that rapidly by building crappy, gimmicky products. Are they Accuracy International level? No, but they aren’t charging $2000+ for a stock either. They also aren’t lower rung like Tapco.
They aren’t the best, but they are good enough for the vast majority of shooters out there. Is there better stuff? Maybe. But for a value shooter like myself, I’ve never had an issue. Some of my pmags are 15-18 years old. Are they “best” in most categories or every category? Nope. There again, for 99% of gun owners, they do just fine with magpul price and value.
Sorry your luck varies. Though, I am always glad when shooters have plenty of options, value and are able to find exactly what works for them.

Wojownik

Marksman
Reaction score
I agree with you that the Mag Pod seems like a silly, unnecessary item. It could potentially even induce failures.
However, I disagree with you on the rest of Magpul. You don’t get to their size that rapidly by building crappy, gimmicky products. Are they Accuracy International level? No, but they aren’t charging $2000+ for a stock either. They also aren’t lower rung like Tapco.
They aren’t the best, but they are good enough for the vast majority of shooters out there. Is there better stuff? Maybe. But for a value shooter like myself, I’ve never had an issue. Some of my pmags are 15-18 years old. Are they “best” in most categories or every category? Nope. There again, for 99% of gun owners, they do just fine with magpul price and value.
Sorry your luck varies. Though, I am always glad when shooters have plenty of options, value and are able to find exactly what works for them.
I’m not bashing the company, they’re clearly doing things right for many people. I just don’t prefer them personally. Like you, I am always glad that there are plenty of options.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Wojownik I agree on not using my mag as a monopod when I can help it but sometimes the run n gun stage designers (@Cavedweller) put you in some weird positions and you don’t have much of a choice.

@GlockPride What makes you think it would cause potential failures? The baseplate itself is identical to the baseplate it replaces but has the extra square piece on the end. Not disagreeing but just curious in why you think it would cause an issue.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Wojownik I agree on not using my mag as a monopod when I can help it but sometimes the run n gun stage designers (@Cavedweller) put you in some weird positions and you don’t have much of a choice.

@GlockPride What makes you think it would cause potential failures? The baseplate itself is identical to the baseplate it replaces but has the extra square piece on the end. Not disagreeing but just curious in why you think it would cause an issue.

Sometimes adding lateral or vertical pressure on mags can induce failures to feed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom