Mailed my OKC gun club application today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm there at all sorts of times and days. It just depends on life at that time.

The benchrest is the busiest place normally, but you can usually get a bench without any wait. Weekends are the busiest, and weekdays are normally 2-3 shooters/groups. I'll likely come by and say hi to you guys on the 16th. I can give you pointers on where to go if one place is busy. There are some redundancies built in to the club to avoid people having to wait to shoot.

Just don't be the guy that sets up at the 200 yard line on the highpower range and stays there for an hour or more please. It is the only 600 yard range.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. I'm a NRA certified rifle instructor and RSO. I am normally on the rifle range when we have BSA at the gun club. The OKCGC Training Division host something like 23 BSA troops and Civil Air Patrol groups throughout the year. My favorite NRA sponsored program.

imasoonerfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be there with our Troop in August. Can you shoot pistols at the training range? Our Crew would like to so that.

I am taking NRA Rifle on Saturday and hopefully Pistol this spring. I will do the RSO via the mail.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be there with our Troop in August. Can you shoot pistols at the training range? Our Crew would like to so that.

I am taking NRA Rifle on Saturday and hopefully Pistol this spring. I will do the RSO via the mail.

If you troop has been there before we have probably met.

You know the BSA rules better than I do. I was told no pistols and no rifles other than the single shots that the NRA bought for them. I am there to assist the scouts with a safe qualification for there badge. Any shooting done other than that is at the discrection of the BSA representative at that range.

So if you are over on the training range and want them to shoot any other rimfire firearms please do so. I encourage it! Let them have the time of there lives and get them hooked on shooting for the rest of their lives! If I'm there, I normally have a 10/22 and a 1911/22 in the trunk that they are welcome to use.

imasoonerfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am referring to our Venturing Crew which is age 14-21 and is co-ed. They can shoot any firearm up to .50 cal just not full auto. Only restriction.

I was asking if the training range supports pistols. Is it just for .22? The last time we we're there it did not exist. We shot .22 just south of the action pistols area on the muzzle loading area. I think.

I am looking forward to getting certified and helping out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom