Mammoth Bark Ivory full size 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bad boys came in today. Bad news though, the left grip will not let one of the screws counter sink to it position. I tried not to tighten but slowly alternate tightening, but it was a no go. Bummer! I've already sent the builder an email and will await his response. BTW, they freaking look awesome on the gun.

Snipe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
1000000079.jpg
I had a set on my colt before I sold it. They did start chipping off on the bottom after several shots, but I shot a lot. Just something to keep an eye on. Can't wait to see yours

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 499832I had a set on my colt before I sold it. They did start chipping off on the bottom after several shots, but I shot a lot. Just something to keep an eye on. Can't wait to see yours
The ones I bought have a carbon fiber base to them. Hopefully, that keeps that from happening. Those grips are the cats meow.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, I'm running out of patients with this fella. First time I called was 10 days after he received my return package to him. He said it will ship out in four days. Another call 10 days later and he says it's sitting here and will be shipped out by this weekend. He said I'll shoot you an email at that time. No email. I hate to do this but I'm going to post this guys business name and suggest not doing business with him. https://burkettcustoms.com/

I'm editing this because of messages I communicated via FB messenger with Burkett Customs. He has promised that the default repairs will be completed. After the third attempt, I hope so.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom