Man interferes with military's efforts to put out fires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regardless of what the STATE says, water on private land is private property. If the State passes a law saying your trees are state property, does that make it so? If you cut down the trees and build a home, is your home now state property? The State could pass a law saying all the money in your checking account is theirs - does that make it true?

Well that's the problem with laws. If passed and upheld as constitutional, then yes, it is true.

Look, I'm not saying I agree wholly with the the taking of the water, but we're a society of laws. 1775 and 1861 aside, we can resolve civil issues reasonably.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SoonerATC said:

Regardless of what the STATE says, water on private land is private property. If the State passes a law saying your trees are state property, does that make it so? If you cut down the trees and build a home, is your home now state property? The State could pass a law saying all the money in your checking account is theirs - does that make it true?

So when the water evaporates out some guy's pond in Utah and falls as rain and fills your pond does that make you a thief?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Breaking news! This just in. Turns out the guy in question was our very own Redneck1861. Hopefully he will come back and tell us the tale of how blackhawks were firebombing his neighbors property and he single handedly waved them off with his high capacity folding handle silenced fishing rod that everybody thought was a gun.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The more I think about this the more my opinion changes. I just don't see how you can claim ownership over water. You can't. As far as a pond goes you can certainly claim ownership of the land around and under it. Hell, you can claim ownership of the critters in it. But water evaporates, it moves, it goes from place to place via the atmosphere. Trying to claim ownership of it is like trying to claim ownership of air (yes, I know, the .gov is trying). The way I see it, water belongs to no one, not even the state. Water is an essential, life driving element. To be able to claim ownership of it is the same as claiming the right to decide whether some other law abiding citizen lives or dies. I am very libertarian, and I am with you all on not letting the .gov infringe on my right to property, but we are seeming to forget that other citizens can be just as tyrannical as a government can. By denying brave guardsmen, who by the way have other civilian jobs that they might rather be at, the use of water you are possibly sentencing to death another human being. Seriously, when the water evaporates out of your pond are you going to wave your gun at God? Let me know how that goes.

If a person dies in a fire because his neighbor forcibly denied the use of his water to fire fighters, then that neighbor ought to be charged with manslaughter. The way I see it, you can claim ownership of damn near anything in this existence (I think the U.S. ought to claim ownership of the moon), but air and water simply are two things that you can not claim.

Isha's Pa Pa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Breaking news! This just in. Turns out the guy in question was our very own Redneck1861. Hopefully he will come back and tell us the tale of how blackhawks were firebombing his neighbors property and he single handedly waved them off with his high capacity folding handle silenced fishing rod that everybody thought was a gun.
Can you give us a resource of your info ? Sounds like something He would do lol !

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's just as much HIS helicopter as it is OURs.
That "OURS" on my part was collective--- as in the PEOPLE OF THE STATE of OKLAHOMA... who were using THEIR chopper and NG Flight Crew to dip OUR water to put out HIS Neighbors fire.

I could watch the Chinnok most of the time it was running.... Looked like it was making a lot of trips to Hefner and back....

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The more I think about this the more my opinion changes. I just don't see how you can claim ownership over water. You can't. But water evaporates, it moves, it goes from place to place via the atmosphere. Trying to claim ownership of it is like trying to claim ownership of air (yes, I know, the .gov is trying). The way I see it, water belongs to no one, not even the state.

So explain why we have US territorial waters. Also, if it belongs to no one (or everyone), is it illegal for bottled water companies to sell us water we already own? Food is a necessity for life - why can't we raid farmers' fields when we are hungry?

If a person dies in a fire because his neighbor forcibly denied the use of his water to fire fighters, then that neighbor ought to be charged with manslaughter.

So should we all be charged with manslaughter for letting someone starve to death on the street, when we have cupboards full of food? Whether its ethical or not, I should not be forced into sharing what I have with someone else. That's the "spread the wealth" argument.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So explain why we have US territorial waters. Also, if it belongs to no one (or everyone), is it illegal for bottled water companies to sell us water we already own? Food is a necessity for life - why can't we raid farmers' fields when we are hungry?

We don't claim to own the water in territorial waters...just what's in it and who can float on/in it. You don't pay for the water in bottled water, you pay for the treatment of it and the cost of bringing it to market. The farmer's food didn't occur naturally, it was planted/grown/harvested/brought to market at his expense. None of that is the same as a pond that filled up with water naturally....some argument to be made for those who went to great expense to build the physical structure of the pond but nothing close to your scenario, sorry.

Countries have fought wars over water, and folks are still willing to threaten harm to their neighbors over it. I don't think that'll ever change.

So who's stepping in to start up the Oklahoman's for Private Water Ownership Rights organization or whatever it would be called?

Latest posts

Top Bottom