Maybe it's again time to stock up The Clues are all Around Us.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lawton people and those that shop there.

Aldi eggs were $2.22 Last week
Today $4.24

Wal-Mart (across from Aldi)
Dozen $4.24
Double 18 pack $9.08
5 doz crate $14.88

New Wal-Mart
Dozen $5.76
Double 18 pack $14.98
5 doz crate $22.99

If you need eggs, better hurry
Chit is getting REAL
How are you storing long term?

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How are you storing long term?
Mineral Oil will keep eggs fresh for 9 months and they don't need refrigerated ... Eggs as they came out of a Hen's butt (not the store variety) can sit for a very long time in a bowl on a kitchen counter or table. My grandmother didn't refrigerate eggs and they lasted weeks that way.

Preserving Eggs With Mineral Oil

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lawton people and those that shop there.

Aldi eggs were $2.22 Last week
Today $4.24

Wal-Mart (across from Aldi)
Dozen $4.24
Double 18 pack $9.08
5 doz crate $14.88

New Wal-Mart
Dozen $5.76
Double 18 pack $14.98
5 doz crate $22.99

If you need eggs, better hurry
Chit is getting REAL
It's winter so the price of eggs goes up due to chickens not laying, in order to lay they need to be exposed to additional light and light cost money. When I had chickens I would still typically buy eggs from Dec to mid Feb as I did not light my flock (not healthy for them). But yea price is going up, there were bird flu issues plus supply chain and increase of the price of fuel/feed. I feel it because being spoiled by having chickens I can only stomach pastures eggs ($4.99 at natural grocers btw.) But as for storing eggs the best way is to have chickens, problem is it is prohibited in many municipalities/HOAs in OK, might be time to break some rules.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Put 1 or 2 eggs (scrambled) per cup in muffin pan (we have silicon) and freeze. When frozen, remove from pan and place in zip-lock bag in freezer.

I keep 10 dozen in the refrigerator.

I miss having my chickens. Place eggs in a basket on the counter. Good for months.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cleaned out my chest freezer and defrosted in 2 days ago, completely out.

Started it back up this morning, make sure it was freezing, then went to Costco and spent $329 on meat. That's all I wanted to buy today because I have to bring it home and break it down into smaller size packages and place in the freezer.

Well I did get one box of butter. Dang that's expensive too! $14.49 for a quantity of 4 pounds, 1 pound per box, 4 boxes total in the pack. I screwed up and didn't get butter at Aldis when it was $2.99 per box/pound. Into the freezer it went.

I'll go back tomorrow or Saturday, made a list, looks like that will be $350 bucks, that should fill up my chest freezer.

7 years ago I purchased a Maytag 16-something CF upright, it lasted 6 years and crapped out, out of warranty. Repair guy looked at and refused to fix it, said they were not repairable. I don't know. They sure don't make'em like they used to.

I'm getting ready to buy a new refrigerator and a medium sized upright freezer, and of course the prices are silly high.

I figure I might as well continue buying meat, but instead of freezing I'd better get out the pressure canner and mason jar them up, shelf stable for a couple of years or so.

Pet food it crazy, there are shortages, but I did finally manage to get a 8 month supply, had to internet order it. Crazy.

Takes too dang much money, I'm giving obummer and pedo-joe the one finger salute.

Latest posts

Top Bottom