McCurtain County?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idletime

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hey guys I am new to the forum, and from Texas (hopefully you can forgive me http://www.okshooters.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif ).

Have a question. I found a few pieces of property in Southeastern Oklahoma that I am looking pretty hard at.

Since I am unfamiliar with this part of the country. Any advice would be great.

Questions I have are:

Is the hunting any good?

What is the deer population? Other animals in the area?

I am looking at properties from 40-80 acres, is that too small?

Any target counties or areas I should avoid or look into more?

Here are some of the properties I am considering:

Map of properties

Thanks in advance from a fellow hunter!

Idletime.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't find what you are looking for there, I work for a land development company in Antlers. We have quite a few properties in SE Oklahoma from 2 acres, to 880. PM me if you are interested.

T-Money

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunted McCurtain County once when I was a 14 years old on a 300 acre lease. I was bow hunting and the deer were moving, this was during muzzle loader season. I saw the biggest buck I have ever seen in my life. He was just out of shooting range for me and was trailing a hot doe. I had a perfect broadside shot on him but he was about 60 yards away. I never did get a good look at his rack as his head was always behind brush or a tree. I just know his body was huge, definitely more than 200 lbs.

I really like McCurtain County. They have some really good hunting there. The guy I was hunting with killed a really nice 8 point that weekend.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh it's there alright. You get in there and can't get out, you gonna wish it wasn't.

ai44.tinypic.com_2agk94x.gif

idletime

New to the site!
Reaction score
I hunted McCurtain County once when I was a 14 years old on a 300 acre lease. I was bow hunting and the deer were moving, this was during muzzle loader season. I saw the biggest buck I have ever seen in my life. He was just out of shooting range for me and was trailing a hot doe. I had a perfect broadside shot on him but he was about 60 yards away. I never did get a good look at his rack as his head was always behind brush or a tree. I just know his body was huge, definitely more than 200 lbs.

I really like McCurtain County. They have some really good hunting there. The guy I was hunting with killed a really nice 8 point that weekend.

Thanks for the insight guys! Looking at a little place with lots of moving water. Should be a wildlife highway. However, you never know until you ask.

Re the Hillbilly comments - I do have a purdy mouth
icon10.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom