McCurtain County?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
you forgot Pot... Oklahomas number one cash crop is marijuana and alot of it comes from McCurtin Co.
Don't stray onto someone elses land by accident, boobie trapped pot fields are not uncommon.

Yep. South of Poteau it's nothing but forest and hillbillies. Many of those hillbillies are quite fond of growing the ganja. Straying onto a pot farm is not a good idea. Good way for the hunter to become the hunted. Ever seen Without A Paddle? Yeah, it's like that.

Sequoyah County where i'm from is even worse. We lived north of Muldrow...Any farther north and you run into the pot farms. I've only been to one house up there, and even though I was with a freind and the owner was the guys uncle, he still greeted us with a Saiga 12 gauge. There are more booby traps up in those hills than Korea and Vietnam combined.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Roosta7 - That works for me:bighug: You know how we watch for them out of county tags. Youins may buy a piece a property but we got our eye on you for 10 years minimum before we decide if you're gonna be allowed to stay. Whiles you be awa we gonna visit yo properrty durin de week and hep ourselvs to yo game. Iffen we don lik you, we gots a sayin in thes hills....matches are cheap. Yu no whats I sain,boy????:flamed:

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Texans ain't favored by some around here. Our camp is up north of Hochatown, and everyone always puts signs out for whatever the name of your camp is or whatever. Everything from gigantic bras hung in the trees, fancy signs with family name, or like mine, which everyone in camp has a hubcap with their name on it. Well a lot of the camps have started putting a picture of Texas with a red slash through it, or big sign that says "Anti-Texan Camp". I haven't heard of any confrontations yet, but one day there will be. And it won't be pretty. Plenty of places to make a man disappear.

rlt7272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are making it too easy for them to come across the border and on our land, wait are we talking about Texans or Mexicans.

Not sure what is worse, out of staters or local dog hunters.

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made full circle back in the kiamichi mountains in
the confrontations are happening a little farther north of antlers around clayton.there has been a few cabins used for kinlin. about mccurtin co. the maryj ain't as bad as used to be. now you better watch out for the big meth labs. about 5 years ago my dad and i were hunting a replant of pines north of honibia and came upon an old travel trailer in the middle of the cut.we never figured out how they got it in there. it had plastic covering the ceilings,walls and floors.you could smell it from 50yds out.so everyone hunting the kiamichi mountains this fall keep both eyes open and watch your back. be really carefull.i don't want to read in the talihina paper about someone getting shot or worse over in that area.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a buddy who's uncle owned some land down there someplace. He was out huntin and strayed onto someones land and disappeared. They found him in the bottom of a pitfall with cane pole spikes in the bottom... Real close to a pot field.

OkieShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got to love hearing what the rest of the world thinks of this part of the state. It's home, born and raised in McCurtain and live in Push. now. Love it. Helps to know all the people too.

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Got to love hearing what the rest of the world thinks of this part of the state. It's home, born and raised in McCurtain and live in Push. now. Love it. Helps to know all the people too.

I think it's probably the most beautiful part of the state. I wouldn't want to live anywhere in this state but here. But it's also home to some bad apples...The pot farms and meth labs aren't just a story. I was shooting over in Hodgen at the range there and all day long I heard a helicopter canvasing that area for that stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't run that chopper every day over that area. I'd love to have a cabin down there in the woods somewhere but i'd be too damn afraid that i'd show up one day to an army of meth makers. Guarantee they wouldn't find my body for a looong time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom