Milsurp Thread!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RedRiverRifleman said:
Looking good. Any tips on polishing a 3 foot brass casing from 1943?

I'd do it by hand (at least initially) rather than using a power buffer to remove the first layer of tarnish. I'm a drummer and often need to clean cymbals. Paiste, in addition to making my favorite cymbals of all time, has a great cleaner for them. Pick up a bottle at a place that sells Paiste and that should get the casing fairly clean. Once you get to that point you could most likely polish it to a mirror-like shine.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone ever post on gunboards.com forum? Man I sure like OSA and the comforts of "home". I think some of the guys on the other forums forgot to take their Midol.

Sure have...some sections there are worse than others. Surplus Rifle Forum is pretty much the only milsurp related site that isn't full of butt hurt, holier than thou types. Some sites will almost break out the ban hammer just for mentioning that you might want to take a rifle out of cosmoline...it's rediculous.

Last edited:

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah overall I like surplusrifle more than gunboards. I've noticed some of the guys who post on both of those forums and they are less dbag-like with their posts on surplusrifle.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah overall I like surplusrifle more than gunboards. I've noticed some of the guys who post on both of those forums and they are less dbag-like with their posts on surplusrifle.

That's a good observation. I've noticed this often; it's almost Jekyll and Hyde-like.

www.sksboards.com is a pretty layed-back site. Purists and moderate-bubbas seem to get along pretty well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom