Milsurp Thread!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Working on another one, a 1899 Oberndorf Swede M96. They certainly don't make 'em like they used to.

i655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_Shooting_Swedes_photo.jpg

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's some pretty wood there flatwins.

I'm starting to get the milsurp bug pretty good now. Just take those pics of that really nice MAS 36 put my name on them now because point and shoot made me a cool trade on it. :)

It's really nice... I've never owned a French rifle. It looks like it's never been fired and wasn't even dropped once :P

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm starting to get the milsurp bug pretty good now. Just take those pics of that really nice MAS 36 put my name on them now because point and shoot made me a cool trade on it. :)

It's really nice... I've never owned a French rifle. It looks like it's never been fired and wasn't even dropped once :P

Cool deal. I wasn't really familiar with the French rifles but did some research when by bro dlbleak was looking at a Berthier carbine. Yeah, this stuff is addictive!

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I've heard French rifles were seldom fired, but often dropped. You're lucky.

OK, I shouldn't have said that. Sorry.

flatwins, don't you just love it when those oldies go "snick, snick".

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya, I'm happy with it. The pics that Ron posted of it don't do it justice, the wood is really nice and it's an attractive looking weapon.

Kind of a shame that they don't get as much play as other milsurps but I don't think they're all that accurate and they just weren't used in the quatities of other weapons so not much interest in them.

I'll have to find me some 7.5 MAS ammo now and try it out. I'll make some pens from the fired cases... they're not too much different than a 7.5 Swiss case, just a little shorter.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
picked this toy up over the weekend. havn't had a chance to tear it down and look it over yet. so far can't see any import marks. the guy said he got it from a friend over 20 years ago and that the friends uncle had given it to him sometime before that. bore is beautiful and can't wait to shoot her., the serial has a BX prefix. i can't find any info relating to bx as a prefix,only BC. any ideas? thanks
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_P3260440.jpg

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BX is, I believe, just a prefix denoting a rough date of manufacture. BX is probably late wartime. Is it a 1944 or 1945?

What happened to your post about the bolt? Did you get it fixed?

Latest posts

Top Bottom