Milsurp Thread!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was missing the nose cap so here's a reproduction. The originals are next to impossible to find.
i655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_Shooting_Swedes_photo6.jpg

From where did you get that repro nose cap? Do you have a side / front pic? How well does it fit?

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From where did you get that repro nose cap? Do you have a side / front pic? How well does it fit?

I was surprised how quickly I was able to find the repro nose cap, especially since no one actually markets one. One of the moderators of the Swedish section on the gunboards.com forum mentioned he had reverse engineered an original M94 cap and has these cut on CNC equipment. It will look pretty modern on a 100 year old rifle but it's better than nuthin! As far as the fit, it should be fine once I clean up the area where the barrel extension was pressed on. Most likely, I'll have Honeybee turn down the barrel extension to just past the muzzle.

i655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_Shooting_Swedes_photo8.jpg

i655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_Shooting_Swedes_photo7.jpg

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It will look pretty modern on a 100 year old rifle but it's better than nuthin!

It looks pretty darn close to an original nose cap! As for its appearance... tie a long piece of string to it, attach the other end of the string to your rear bumper, and drive down the street a block. That ought to make it stand out a little less :wink2:

Actually, you might hit it with some 0000 steel wool to make the finish match the rest of the metal a bit better.

If you need to look at my M94 for measurements as to how far to turn down the muzzle, I'll be glad to meet up with you. I want to see your M94 anyway.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm rarely jealous, but I am now.

This was one of those "right place at the right time" things. I had been wanting an M94 but figured I'd have to pay the current market price to get one. Darren called me from the pawn shop where he found this one and when he described it and told be their OTD price it took me about .5 seconds to say "BUY IT NOW!"

He's been hooking me up like that since we were kids. Damn good brother!

Latest posts

Top Bottom