Milsurp Thread!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just dropped the M94 action off with Honeybee so he could turn down the barrel extension. I hadn't been into the retail store yet but it was nice to visit with Don and Lia. Sounds like business is great!

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if this is a bad please move but though might get better response , need front & rear trigger guard screws for 7 mm 98 mauser

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mitch,

Glad to hear about your latest purchase of the Ishapore 2A. You had mentioned sight upgrades that might be available. From what I have seen the two best options are no drill match/ target sights like the Parker Hale versions or a no drill scope mount like an S&K. I am posting this info here in case someone else has some feedback on sights or optics or happens to have a spare sight or mount laying around for you.

Here are a few pics of the match/ target style sights. Parker Hale is the most widely known manufacturer, but Rawson and several other lesser known companies made similar versions. Pretty much all of them are threaded for optional aperture pans/ discs. The bad news is that most of these sights will cost at least as much as you have in your rifle.

Parker Hale:

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_PH5A_1.jpg

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_PH5a4_1.jpg

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_ph5A3_1.jpg

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_DSCF0012_2.jpg

You can also take a look at doing a no drill and tap repro sniper if you don't mind having optics on the rifle. Below is a photo of a No 1 MK III with an S&K mount. There is also a link to a thread that shows a step by step breakdown of the installation with pics. I have an S&K mount on my No 4 and it is rock solid. You can purchase the repro sniper cheek rest from Numrich if that is a route that you choose to go.

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_No1MKIIIsniper.jpg

http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/vi...sid=3805b21b03de630aeaf514e826b5caa6&start=30

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
steve,did you talk to don about a antique/aged finish he could do on that nosecap?

No he didn't and I just saw this thread today so had no idea he might want it to be made vintage looking.

Good idea, guys! Don, I can bring in the forward sling ring or send you a pic of it if you want it to compare.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom