Milsurp Thread!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thats the thing that throwing me off. there is a gap,not as big as explained but a gap. the barrel is almost a half inch longer but the dates don't jive. just adds to my confusion.

You might post some pics of the rear portion of the rear sight if you have the chance. Here's a pic of what an ex dragoon sight will look like...

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_Gap2520under2520Rear2520Sight.jpg

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd rather have it show its age than look like it was made yesterday.
So, what can you do for me?! Think about all the hands that have touched me over the years and where THEY have been! All kidding aside, a surplus section would be cool. Maybe it would dissuade the whiney little mall ninja punks that have run off some of us old guys, a place to call our own. Ooops. Sorry, did I type that out loud? Well, it is NFF. No Filter Friday!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
ok, nope that rifle has a gap but not the dovetail looking gap on yours CHL. its not flush though but has an even rounded gap all the way around where the sight mounts on the barrel. i did find this on the unreurbed 42. it looks like the same shape as your gap but looks like the sight has been slid forward? more confusion, oh well, still like these old things. BTW, thanks for your knowledge guys
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_P3090427.jpg

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, what can you do for me?! Think about all the hands that have touched me over the years and where THEY have been! All kidding aside, a surplus section would be cool. Maybe it would dissuade the whiney little mall ninja punks that have run off some of us old guys, a place to call our own. Ooops. Sorry, did I type that out loud? Well, it is NFF. No Filter Friday!

Nothing I can do for you, Clay. Ha ha!

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, that made me feel so much better.

Ronny, I keep a watch out for M94s. The bubba jobs usually sell for a much lower price and if Bubba didn't do too bad of a hack job, the 94 can be restored to appear original without a great deal of work. One sold last week on GB that would have been an easy restore. It all depends on how Bubba decided to cut the stock and most times, he totally ruined it. I'm going to stock up on some of the harder to find 94 parts and hopefully fix a Bubba job or 2.

Now to sit back and wait for the right examples to come along. I don't plan to keep them but rather sell them to others who would like a 94 but don't want to pay the high price to get one. I just enjoy righting wrongs.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And, it's fun, too. I'll keep my eyes peeled for parts. Not many available down here, though.

That ad you posted reminds me of why we need time machines.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I foolishly passed on an Argentine engineer's carbine at a decent price a few months ago. I couldn't get away from the 6.5mm vs 7.65mm thing in my mind. I've kicked myself several times since then.

'scuse, that's 7.65mm, not 8mm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom