Modern AK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my M-14 rattlecan camo. This is after taking it on a 7 mile run n' gun in the desert.

183903_10100855102080542_1428172214_n.jpg

Nice! Is that Razor 1-4x on there? I bought a SS 1-6x for mine, but think I would like more magnification. Bought my first Scout M1A and am practicing some paint schemes before painting it. What cheek riser do you have there? I was thinking about buying this one:

http://tnvc.com/shop/tnvc-rsp-mod-1/

But am also considering a kydex one.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, that is a Burris TAC30 1-4x, which I love. That cheek rest is a DWP. I traded the heavy metal knobs that came with it for some lighter plastic ones like the Karsten cheek rest comes with.

I actually don't own that M-14 anymore. I am currently building a .308 AR to replace it. While I have it in parts, I am planning on giving it a base coat of Coyote Tan Alumahyde II, so when it wears through it shows Coyote instead of black, and then adding other colors with Krylon as I see fit. I will post pics when it is done.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. We really need to start a painted rifles thread. Have some "how to's" and just to show off everyone's custom work. When I paint mine, I'll take multiple pics and try to put something together.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really nice and well thought out AK Jakerz.....

I have been wanting to do one and when the right base model comes along yours will be it's inspiration. Good looking paint above also guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom