A question and an issue for you AR15 knowledgeable guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
It is a normal 10" free float handguard. I am familiar with hearing the spring in the buffer tube. This is way above just noise. It is a very noticeable wobble in the entire rifle probably causing the spring to bang against the sides of the tube. It continues for around a half second before settling down.
Take a video and send to me. The barrel shouldn't wobble. At all. It will vibrate but not wobble. If it's wobbling, then the barrel nut is loose.

Maybe it's going too fast and you're getting bolt bounce and you just think it's wobbling.
What kind of buffer is in it?

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take a video and send to me. The barrel shouldn't wobble. At all. It will vibrate but not wobble. If it's wobbling, then the barrel nut is loose.

Maybe it's going too fast and you're getting bolt bounce and you just think it's wobbling.
It's a standard A2 fixed stock rifle buffer and tube just like on the original M16s. That is why I was asking if anyone has ever seen a heavier buffer for that style. I can't find one.
buffer.jpg

Genesis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

This. Im willing to bet absolutely its bolt bounce.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let us know what you figure out!

Everything on the lower nice and tight? I like to use Tubbs springs but I do not know if that is an option for you.

What about the upper/lower fit? Any play? Takedown pins being weird at all?