Modern liquor laws may be coming to Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am I the only person in Oklahoma,,,
Who actually prefers 3.2 beer?

Aarond

No, not really. I prefer it so I can have a beer with pizza at lunch without getting a buzz.
Having a selection of wine at a reasonable price is the change that appeals to me. We're 30-40% higher than TX and the selections are slim around here.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, not really. I prefer it so I can have a beer with pizza at lunch without getting a buzz.
Having a selection of wine at a reasonable price is the change that appeals to me. We're 30-40% higher than TX and the selections are slim around here.

So one 12 oz Oklahoma beer with lunch and you are fine, but one 12 oz beer with lunch and you are buzzed?
Difference in Oklahoma aka 3.2 and Texas beer aka 6.0 in the link below.
http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=13482397&catId=112032
2015-09-18-17-52-56--1558771581.jpeg

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Me too. I'm not going to be satisfied until I can get wine shipped into the state. There are many good, low production volume wines that we can't get because you have to buy direct from the winery. I'm tired of only getting wines that the distributors think I should have. I'd even be happy with shipping wine to a liquor store and paying a small transfer fee.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So one 12 oz Oklahoma beer with lunch and you are fine, but one 12 oz beer with lunch and you are buzzed?
Difference in Oklahoma aka 3.2 and Texas beer aka 6.0 in the link below.
http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=13482397&catId=112032
View attachment 50616

Interesting post, but irrelevant to my comment. I don't drink TX beer. The only time I drink what OK calls "High Point beer" is when I visit my KY cousins,
and it is distinctly NOT "OK 3.2." I have to watch my KY cousins closely, or they'll drop a shot of bourbon into the beer, and I hate to waste good bourbon by polluting it with beer. ;)

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Color me shocked, not...

With the advent of both Costco and Trader Joes in OK, the only way they would be here is if the laws were changing.

They subsidize their bottom lines a bunch from alcohol sales. In fact, I've heard it said Costco is the largest retailer of booze in the nation....

Welcome to Oklahoma!!

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Color me shocked, not...With the advent of both Costco and Trader Joes in OK, the only way they would be here is if the laws were changing.

Costco isn't waiting on any changes in the liquor laws and are in fact currently under construction on a store in Tulsa (about 106th & Memorial) with an attached liquor store with a separate entrance from the main store. This allows them to comply with current law that they can't sell alcoholic beverages inside their main store, but they can still have liquor sales on the premises.

Latest posts

Top Bottom