Molcajete in Enid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Or anywhere in Oklahoma/Texas/New Mexico/Kansas for that matter. I don’t believe there’s a single place in Guymon that serves them and we have some pretty good Mexican food here… I’ll keep searching here but over a decade ago I had a Molcajete at a restaurant in Enid but can’t remember the name of the restaurant. It was so dang good and I’ve been craving it forever but wasn’t even sure if the restaurant was still open or not. I think it was on the East side of Enid somewhere…

Anyone here know what I may be talking about or maybe even have suggestions on a place with a better Molcajete?

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
1678495348670.png

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Molcajete refers to the mortar and pestle not the dish. There is sausage Molcajete, chicken Molcajete, salsa Molcajete, cheese Molcajete. Which are you referring?

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Molcajete is the stone bowl used to grind stuff up. Tejolote is the stone club...it's a Mexican Mortar and Pestle. You're lookin for the something they cook in it. That could be anything from soups, to a stir fry, to a bread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom