Moore/newcastle tornado

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man we are close. I live just east of you I think. I watched that sucker come for a good 20 minutes and when I finally ducked into the cellar I would have sworn it was closer than this line shows. According to this it missed me by just short of a mile. I really thought it was more like a 1/4 mile. I'll walk up that way tomorrow and find out. They won't let me drive my vehicle back to my house. Oh well, I guess you are good to go if you want to loot on foot, but no way in hell they are letting you do any drive-in looting. :nolike:

Glad all of you guys are ok.

The line I drew on that map is just approximate and keep in mind that the tornado was pretty wide at that point so it could have easily been within 1/4 mile of you.

Sad sad day ...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad all of you guys are ok.

The line I drew on that map is just approximate and keep in mind that the tornado was pretty wide at that point so it could have easily been within 1/4 mile of you.

Sad sad day ...

Oh okay, I thought you got it from somewhere else and marked it up with the dots. It's still pretty dang close either way. :thumb:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A cousin who lives in Moore and works for the fire dept is ok. 99' she lost her house while out working the damage, this time her house is all there. All my relations and friends in the OKC area have all checked in.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think the media knows about NIMS. FOX, CNN, MSNBC, etc. keep asking officials if there's a plan in place to organize S&R. They obviously run with whatever they happen to hear from whomever, and don't know to consult the PIO.

That's because some of these reporters are willfully ignorant of the facts. NIMS training is free and available to anyone: http://www.fema.gov/training-0

In less than half a day, any cub reporter could be "in the loop". If they're going to be reporting on emergency situations, would that be too much to ask? :disappoin

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My house and family were safe @ SW134th & Western. I was rushing home from Tinker and got there just after it had passed and was very thankful when I pulled up. Communications were down, so I couldn't get ahold of my wife on my way home to know what was going on and was only going by what they were saying on the radio. Pretty scary, I would much rather been at home with them like last time.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Just realized my mom was CLOSE.

She was in the Lowe's under the red arrow.

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_TornadoTrack13_zps62a40497.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom