MORE FREE RIVER ROCK!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Man that is the best story EVER!!!
Lies all Lies I tell ya..I was never there!
@swampratt , I have about 75 pounds of rock left. You have a #3 washtub onna bicycle to carry it in?

I moved it all by the curb. If you don't come get it, I'm gonna put a for sale $75 sign on it. Probably be gone overnight.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
@swampratt , I have about 75 pounds of rock left. You have a #3 washtub onna bicycle to carry it in?

I moved it all by the curb. If you don't come get it, I'm gonna put a for sale $75 sign on it. Probably be gone overnight.
Sorry i didnt take it all. I got plenty! Thank you sir.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
So swamppossum didn't get it all yet? How much you figure I could haul with a milk crate bungee-corded to my rear end on this scoot ? (My truck is in the shop so I am dependent on my back-up vehicle).

mini bike.jpeg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
So swamppossum didn't get it all yet? How much you figure I could haul with a milk crate bungee-corded to my rear end on this scoot ? (My truck is in the shop so I am dependent on my back-up vehicle).

View attachment 195883

Lessee, I have a couple of old springtoof springs with holes innem for the toofs to bolt on. Then if'n we bolt a couple of spare office chair casters I also have to the springtoof springs and balin wire the milk crate to that we could get you on the road. Might have to make two trips unless we boomer down the rocks like this. . .
images

I don't have a chain boomer though you'll have to bring one.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Well the saga has come to an end. Yes @druryj, you and your minibike and milk crate weren't fast enough for @swampratt and his two tone 57 Chevy. He showed up while I was outside and we loaded the measly pickins of the rock that was left into it's trunk. Sorry for ya'll that was following the story but ole @swampratt got it all.

We lied some to each other and he said he was hustling to get the playhouse finished. He said he was using the rock for raised garden beds. I showed him how mine were constructed and said I needed about 20 more sacks of dirt
I was showing him the dashcam I had bought and the features it had and the rear camera I had mounted on the tailgate and then asked him what he would charge me for helping me run the wire to the camera and hooking up the backup feature. He said about as much as you charged me to pick up the free rock. Well I was grinning from ear to ear at that time and explained due to all my injuries and degeneration of my back I could not lie down on my back anymore. I would be in pain. I told him I have to sleep in a chair. I was waiting on my next oil change to get it on a lift to drill the hole in the cab for the wires.

I had already run the cable to the back of the extended cab and I had all the parts, tools and supplies to run and attach the cable and had already mounted the rear camera. All he had to do was get under the truck, drill a hole and run the cable back.

While he was running the cable, I was taking off the tailgate opening device (latch) so I could get my hand in there to fish the cable. We were like a well oiled machine! He would ask for a tool and I had it. We took the tailgate off and I brought out my orange fiberglass fish stick and some electrical tape. He stuck the fish stick through the tailgate and we put the tail gate back on. He then got back under the truck and taped the end of the cable he just ran on to the stick and pulled it through to the camera.

After I hooked up the camera he used the test light I brought out and together we found the backup light wire. He stripped the wire and a little solder and heat shrink he attached the camera switch wire and now I have a grid I can use backing up the truck without having to twist my back turning around while in reverse. That feature is going to be really nice to use.

@swampratt tied up the cable with the zipties I had and siliconed the hole he drilled to run the cable. I thanked him again and we lied some more to each other and he left.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom