More Turnpikes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The info is coming right from the press release maps. Connecting I-40 and I-44. Luther at the north end and IVO Peebly at the south in order to "make travel from OKC to Tulsa faster". Just how many interchanges are they going to put in that 20 mile stretch huh? Obviously you're such a brilliant planner that ODOT consulted with you.

That route makes no sense.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When Brad Henry was Governor he tried to get an interchange built east of Shawnee propper at I-40 and Brian Rd. 1 mile east of SH-18 interchange. Why? Because his law office was located on that road 2 miles north of I-40. He couldnt get it done because we did a justification study and found it to be totally useless. Same would be true of a new highway. I havent seen details on this new route so I cant say much but I would suspect the long range planners see sometime in the future to cause a need. Just think if those planners had been that thoughfull with I-35 from OKC to norman and at least bought enough right of way for 10 lanes through S. OKC back in the day when that real estate was obtainable. Now it is not and 35 will never get widened again because of right of way cost.
Im not in favor of a new turnpike but I also dont believe for a second that some politician is dictating its location and function. It just doesnt work like that.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Relief route? Because there's so many people in MWC and Choctaw that drive the Turnpike to Tulsa everyday? The proposed route connects nowhere, to nowhere and makes zero sense. Peebly road to Luther adds time for anyone coming out of the Metro heading to Tulsa.

eastern okc county is filling up fast; that area west of the proposed N-S stretch will be in 10 years what the area west of i-35 is now.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Oklahoma's quasi-governmental, largely unaccountable or transparent, unelected, authorities, boards, commissions, trusts, etc. long have primarily been shell games or shams perpetrated on the good people of this state to provide the political cover of plausible deniability for corrupt politicians and power brokers, almost since their inception.

Same old house of cards they've always been, they just change the curtains from time to time to keep up appearances if some light starts to filter in.

Last edited:

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When Brad Henry was Governor he tried to get an interchange built east of Shawnee propper at I-40 and Brian Rd. 1 mile east of SH-18 interchange. Why? Because his law office was located on that road 2 miles north of I-40. He couldnt get it done because we did a justification study and found it to be totally useless. Same would be true of a new highway. I havent seen details on this new route so I cant say much but I would suspect the long range planners see sometime in the future to cause a need. Just think if those planners had been that thoughfull with I-35 from OKC to norman and at least bought enough right of way for 10 lanes through S. OKC back in the day when that real estate was obtainable. Now it is not and 35 will never get widened again because of right of way cost.
Im not in favor of a new turnpike but I also dont believe for a second that some politician is dictating its location and function. It just doesnt work like that.
it does for county roads

Latest posts

Top Bottom