Mossberg 500 12g

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found a Mossberg 500 20 inch 12g at the local pawn shop for $190 which seems a little high for what it is. The magazine tube seems to have a wobble in it. Is this common? Can it be fixed easily? The rifle has the average patina on the barrel, but the round count is unknown. Could I tell if the extractors are in working order without cycling rounds? Is there anything else I should look for?

I am trying to find a good deal on Mossberg or Remington short barrel home defense shotguns. I am afraid that this particular pawn shop shotty is not the one for me.

If you know of any deals or have any info to help in my search I greatly appreciate the help.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off welcome to the forum.

I would suggest you spend a little time on this forum and become more familar with these shotguns. Mossberg makes a good shotgun. I have a couple with many rounds thru both of them and I'm 100% comfortable with both. Most pump shotguns have some slight play in them, but not usually in the mag. Not a bunch though.

Read what's here ask a few questions. Join in on the forum and soon you will have enough post (20) to buy one off the classifieds here from someone who might be more trustworthy. Sub $200 for a mossy is a good price if it's in decent working order, but you can find bargains on them here all the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom