Mossberg Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been having some issues with the bolt my Mossberg 46b,so I took it to my local Gunsmith and he said that he couldn't fix it and I should just buy another Mossberg and just transfer the bolt over. There is a Mossberg 42mc that's for sale on a gun website and the bolt on the 42mc looks just like the bolt on the 46b. Are the parts compatible on both models? I know they didn't make a whole lot of these guns so not very many people know much about them but any help is appreciated.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would give mossberg a call. My dad actually talked to them today and was happy with the cust service. Ive also had great experiences with the service ce dept

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doubt mossberg can help on a gun that has not been made in over 70 years.
what exactly is the problem?
I have some old mossberg parts.

Thers currently 2 or 3 on ebay with current bids of $20-35
look the pictures closely and make sure its returnable if not the right one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was out plinking when I was 12 and the back of the bolt started to come loose so I unscrewed it to see what the problem was and the spring shot out. I managed to find the spring but I didn't know I was missing other parts. I didn't know a whole lot about guns so I just crammed the spring back into the Hollow part of the back of the bolt and screwed it back on. Now I can't unscrew the bolt . so I probably will have to buy another mossberg.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you don't find a bolt and you get up Tulsa way I'd look at it for you. I'm retired from gunsmithing but 30 years of it left me with a ton of parts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom