Mossberg Tactical 22LR, thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I'm leaning towards the M&P 15-22. I think I would be happier with it. Pay a little more up front & less headaches later down the road!

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am really enjoying my "Colt" M4 .22, It is a little more expensive than the SW but it is awesome I paid 485 at a gun show. I put colt in parenthesis because colt licensed the manufacturing to Walther. But it is a sold piece. They don't skip on any detail. The upper and lower receiver are both metal as opposed to polymer and you can interchange a lot of ar parts. I took the carry handle off and put a cheap hologram sight. replaced the hand guard with a quad rail and front grip... It is a bad ass plinker...

However if you are going to be spending somewhere around $500 you may consider getting a decent mil spec complete lower and put a .22 LR upper on it. Then you can get a 556/223 , 9mm, 50 beuwolf ect... upper down the road and have full AR. I am kind of thinking I should have gone that route to begin with. Currently building an AR...

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got one for my kid a few months ago and it's fine for what it is. A cool cheap to shoot toy. It has been completely flawless with no failures of any kind and the kids love to shoot it with the cheap red dot I stuck on top of the carry handle. It is a PITA to take apart and clean though.

I went in to buy a 10/22 but he thought this one was cooler looking and for the price who cares. I would rather have the m&p but not for my 8year old to shoot a few times a month at the range.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
one of the best things about the M&P, IMO, is the fact that it functions just like a full size AR. It has been great for my wife to get into the AR platform. Super light, with zero recoil, quiet and breaks down like a full size AR. Once she became comfortable with the 15-22; jumping up to a full size AR was nothing for her. Plus I can use it as a "training" tool for a 10th of the cost of running my full size AR.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BallisticBiker said:
I saw the Mossberg online and thought I had to have it! Called Uncle Sam's Guns here in Lawton and low and behold he had one in stock.
Boogied on down there to check it out with money in my pocket... After handling it for a couple of minutes, I handed it back. The whole thing just feels cheap. Nothing more than a "kinda" cool, plastic, molded exterior over the action. Wasn't worth the price of admission in my opinion. Your mileage may vary....

This mirrors my thoughts the first time I saw one firsthand.

F

fredkrueger

I was at Walmart tonight and I saw a DPMS Sportical .223/5.56 AR for about $587.00 That is a very good price for an entry level AR. I am thinking about getting one. I would rather buy that then get a 22 for about the same price.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This gun has the Mossburg Plinkster put inside a tactical looking plastic stock.
I have one in stock but in the last 3 months that I have had it..everyone picks it up and looks at it but no takers yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom