Mounting a scope on a Winchester 30-30 (Top Ejector)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marlins are junk compared to Winchesters IMO.
Marlin are much better guns by design - stronger, easier to take apart and clean, and in my experience more accurate.
With that said - I prefer Winchesters myself because it feels and looks more "old-school" - I just don't let my personal preference affect my judgement.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One option is to get a scout mount from XS Sight Systems, and use either a red dot sight or a scout scope. The XS mount attaches using the dovetail for the rear sight, and on a top eject would also need a couple holes drilled and tapped on the top front of the receiver (which newer model AE's have from the factory). This type of mount has a couple of advantages over an offset scope mount... for one, it lets you mount optics nice and low over the bore, so you don't need to add much if any height to the comb to get your cheek weld. Also, you don't have to worry about having to put a fat cheek pad on it to get your eye in line with the scope.

An Aimpoint Micro mounted this way would be a sweet hunting setup... it would be nice and low, and wouldn't add too much weight.

Here is a link to the mount: https://www.okshooters.com/data/MetaMirrorCache/www.chuckhawks.com_win94_scout.jpg

And some obligatory photos to get the salivary glands pumping:

www.winchesterleveractionshooterssocietyholland.nl_upload_a_9_30e65422c6a8d925759c2c2146309409.jpg

www.chuckhawks.com_win94_scout.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom