Movies to Help Pass the Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got through with the Granada TV series Sherlock Holmes. This excellent program from the UK adapts many of the stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle including two of the four Holmes novels, The Hound of the Baskervilles and The Sign of Four.

Most of the adaptations stuck pretty close to the Doyle stories but there are a few that the similarity ends with the title. Very well-acted, this was a very enjoyable;e series with the late Jeremy Brett in the title role and David Burke and later Edward Hardwicke as Dr. Watson.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I like some of those British TV series because each episode isn't so darn long.
Seems like the movie directors in Hollywood today think they have to make their films drag on like Gone With the Wind (which is very overrated IMO).

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a fan of 1950's sci-fi, but also have to confess that I have not seen The Blob or The Day of the Triffids. I have quite a few DVD's and Blu-rays of other sci-fi films of the 50's.

I just ordered the Creature from the Black Lagoon series as well as Patton. I have Patton already but the disc is damaged.

You have to see Triffids then. Just make sure you get the original from 1962 and not the crap remake from 2009.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have to see Triffids then. Just make sure you get the original from 1962 and not the crap remake from 2009.
I'll put it on my list. I just watched all three of the Creature flicks from Universal and right now, I am about to finish up a Have Gun Will Travel marathon. I recently bought the entire series and I have enjoyed seeing Paladin once more.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am about to finish up a Have Gun Will Travel marathon. I recently bought the entire series and I have enjoyed seeing Paladin once more.
I always liked that show as a kid, and thought his derringer behind the belt-buckle was so cool. :thumb:

I remember Mom talking about Dad's aunt, who thought Richard Boone was very handsome. Mom thought he was ugly as homemade soap. :D
:drunk2:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finished the 3rd LotR in 4k HDR a bit ago. Long trilogy in the expanded version, but there were some interesting little tidbits, some new scenes I liked.

I enjoyed it.

Mr E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How did you like it?
I've seen it before, just felt like watching it again since I haven't seen it since it released. That said, I enjoyed it for what it is. If you haven't seen it, it's worth a rental in my opinion. Just check out the trailer and see what you think!

Latest posts

Top Bottom