Movies to Help Pass the Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Limited on what I can watch in the RV on the road but scanning local channels turn up some interesting classics on the TV.
GET Tv had Archie Bunker on tonight arguing about the right to bear arms with meathead.
Pretty funny stuff that one will not see on today’s liberal tv.
That’s a good one! Haven’t seen that since I was a kid, reruns at grandmas house.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Two films adapted from stories by Edgar Rice Burroughs, The Land That Time Forgot and The People That Time Forgot are both on the same DVD disc, and I watched both of them yesterday and today. Pretty good flicks made in 1974 and 1977.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Not sure if it’s been talked about but I watched “Operation Finale” last weekend. Good movie. Historical significance.

“Fifteen years after the end of World War II, a team of top-secret Israeli agents travels to Argentina to track down Adolf Eichmann, the Nazi officer who masterminded the transportation logistics that brought millions of innocent Jews to their deaths in concentration camps. Hoping to sneak him out of the country to stand trial, agent Peter Malkin soon finds himself playing a deadly game of cat and mouse with the notorious war criminal.”

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what everyone else posted but here are my recommendations. Since I'm 49 and grew up in the time these movies came out and all the actors/actresses are about my age they have stuck with me and love them.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High
16 Candles
Weird Science
Breakfast Club
Pretty In Pink
Less Than Zero
The Outsiders
Farris Bueller's Day Off

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure if it’s been talked about but I watched “Operation Finale” last weekend. Good movie. Historical significance.

“Fifteen years after the end of World War II, a team of top-secret Israeli agents travels to Argentina to track down Adolf Eichmann, the Nazi officer who masterminded the transportation logistics that brought millions of innocent Jews to their deaths in concentration camps. Hoping to sneak him out of the country to stand trial, agent Peter Malkin soon finds himself playing a deadly game of cat and mouse with the notorious war criminal.”

Bill O'Reilly's book, Killing The SS, is a blow by blow account of the Doctor of Death Josef Mengele. How he was tracked down and what steps they took to keep from being discovered.
Great Read!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what everyone else posted but here are my recommendations. Since I'm 49 and grew up in the time these movies came out and all the actors/actresses are about my age they have stuck with me and love them.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High
16 Candles
Weird Science
Breakfast Club
Pretty In Pink
Less Than Zero
The Outsiders
Farris Bueller's Day Off
Check out ‘Not Another Teen Movie’. It’s a spoof of all of those. Some hilarious stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom