Moving to Kansas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was born and raised in Ark City & came to OK in 1972 but still had lots of KS relatives that spread from Burden (dad’s hometown) to the Wichita metro. Wish you the best in Douglass in your new venture.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got connected with Cox Communications a few days back and yesterday was the first chance I had to go to Enid and get some more of my stuff. My wife somehow suffered (and I do mean suffered!) a compression fracture of a couple of her lumbar vertebrae and I have been tied up with her and couldn't get away before yesterday.

She has been miserable but my stepson and his wife and their two kids have been marvelous. My daughter-in-law stayed with Teresa yesterday so I could get away to get a bunch of stuff from Enid, and take it up to Kansas.

I think we are going to like it up here, and the house, while small, is all we need and now we settle in.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up 8 miles east of Ark City, then after college, move to 8 miles south then after a few more years ended up in town of Newkirk. I would never move back to Kansas.
The area is nice. Nothing wrong with that. But they will take you over the coals on taxes. Not just property taxes on the place you live, but also property taxes on the vehicles you drive and quadruple the cost on the tags for your vehicles.
That being said, I just seem to like it here in Oklahoma, but so close enough to Kansas that it only takes me 10 minutes to get to Ark City, plus another 10 minutes to get to Winfield. The roads conditions do seem to be a lot better in Kansas.

I have a friend in Mulvane, KS and am up there quite often.

Latest posts

Top Bottom