Moving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjballew

New to the site!
Reaction score
Just got my CCW license last month now decided to move across town. Has anyone changed there address. Is it a hassel? Do I have to wait 90 days again for a new license? Thanks, in advance for any input!

okcowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the FAQs on their site

Q: How do I change my address on my license?
A: Mail a notarized letter indicating the change of address to the OSBI, SDA Unit. Both the old and new address must be included in the letter. If a replacement license is desired, include a Money Order or Cashier's Check in the amount of $15.

OSBI Headquarters
Self Defense Act Unit
6600 North Harvey Place
Oklahoma City, OK 73116

I have done this and had no trouble at all. I did get the replacement license so that it would be correct and match my DL (could save problems with any encounters you have with uninformed individuals who may require you to show your license) I don't remember how long it took but your old license is still good anyway.

I kept a copy of the paperwork and money order for my records.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I called the OSBI when I moved and they told me that as long as I had my drivers license with the right address that I was okay. Seemed a little strange to me. Once I renewed my CCW I changed the address to the right one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom