My Chiropractor passed away

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He just turned 72, probably had a BMI of 5. He ate healthy, played golf and hocky with his older friends. Elk hunted every year - so very active.
He always said, statistically, those who get chiropractic care are 85% more likely to live to 100. Guess he was the 15%.
Sad, I been seeing him since I was 17.

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He just turned 72, probably had a BMI of 5. He ate healthy, played golf and hocky with his older friends. Elk hunted every year - so very active.
He always said, statistically, those who get chiropractic care are 85% more likely to live to 100. Guess he was the 15%.
Sad, I been seeing him since I was 17.
BMI of 5?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ahh, ok. Sorry to read of his passing.
A BMI above 20 means you are Obiesie according to what I have read.
I dont know if I agree, my BMI is 26 and I'm not fat looking. Its based on your height to weight ratio, not taking into account if the person works out (muscle weighs more than fat).
I work out.

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A BMI above 20 means you are Obiesie according to what I have read.
I dont know if I agree, my BMI is 26 and I'm not fat looking. Its based on your height to weight ratio, not taking into account if the person works out (muscle weighs more than fat).
I work out.
I’m familiar with the tool. One of its limitations is it doesn’t factor lean muscle mass vs adipose. For that reason, those with significant lean muscle mass can be incorrectly labeled as overweight. Having said that, it can still be a decent health predictor for certain chronic conditions.
A BMI of 5 would be lethal.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m familiar with the tool. One of its limitations is it doesn’t factor lean muscle mass vs adipose. For that reason, those with significant lean muscle mass can be incorrectly labeled as overweight. Having said that, it can still be a decent health predictor for certain chronic conditions.
A BMI of 5 would be lethal.
Thats exactly what I said in simpler words lol

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats exactly what I said in simpler words lol
Overweight is actually considered >25, so you’re pretty dang close to normal, regardless. Since you have a greater lean muscle mass, body fat % would probably be a better indicator of your health (if you’re curious).

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Overweight is actually considered >25, so you’re pretty dang close to normal, regardless. Since you have a greater lean muscle mass, body fat % would probably be a better indicator of your health (if you’re curious).
I'm far from normal, depending on who ya ask LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom