My Chiropractor passed away

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He just turned 72, probably had a BMI of 5. He ate healthy, played golf and hocky with his older friends. Elk hunted every year - so very active.
He always said, statistically, those who get chiropractic care are 85% more likely to live to 100. Guess he was the 15%.
Sad, I been seeing him since I was 17.
There was a dude at my company that was 68. Lean as teenager, seemingly perfect health. Had a heart attack at work, DRT.

For those that would say he wasted his time staying in shape, I'd argue that his quality of life was waaaay better for those 68 years than it would have been if he was a lardass couch potato. We all have a date, better make every day count.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your Chiropractor passing, I really don't know if they are beneficial, I've been to some and they use a "pen-type object" that they claim is acupuncture but I never received anything positive when that "object" clicked. Then they want me to return multiple times.
There is one in Edmond that is fairly good though and with medicare and a supplemental insurance he doesn't cost any more. But again, I received no benefit from his treatment.
But some apparently do obtain beneficial treatment, I'm too hard-headed to accept that.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your Chiropractor passing, I really don't know if they are beneficial, I've been to some and they use a "pen-type object" that they claim is acupuncture but I never received anything positive when that "object" clicked. Then they want me to return multiple times.
There is one in Edmond that is fairly good though and with medicare and a supplemental insurance he doesn't cost any more. But again, I received no benefit from his treatment.
But some apparently do obtain beneficial treatment, I'm too hard-headed to accept that.
There are good ones and not so good ones. Mine gave me relief so I went back for 37 years or so. Mine was in Edmond also. Now his son is the only one doing the family business, but his 2 boys are about to graduate and be part of the family business.
My Chiro had many clients from other states even, they would come to OK, get a motel and get as many treatments as they needed before going back. KS, CO, I cant remember them all. The folks from KS were families of Mennonites. They believe in natural healing and no drugs or MDs I think.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are good ones and not so good ones. Mine gave me relief so I went back for 37 years or so. Mine was in Edmond also. Now his son is the only one doing the family business, but his 2 boys are about to graduate and be part of the family business.
My Chiro had many clients from other states even, they would come to OK, get a motel and get as many treatments as they needed before going back. KS, CO, I cant remember them all. The folks from KS were families of Mennonites. They believe in natural healing and no drugs or MDs I think.
I'm glad you received benefits from your chiropractor. I know of one who has a "cheerful giver" box in Edmond that a patient puts in what he or she thinks the treatment was worth.
If I had a choice of back surgery or a Chiropractor though, I'd go for the latter.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad you received benefits from your chiropractor. I know of one who has a "cheerful giver" box in Edmond that a patient puts in what he or she thinks the treatment was worth.
If I had a choice of back surgery or a Chiropractor though, I'd go for the latter.
Try Hanson Chiropractic in Edmond.
Do they want you to come back often? Sometimes depending on how bad it is and Pain or lack of doesnt mean much.
They told me, it took a while for these vertebrae to get like this, it will take a while to get em back.
You may not have pain but you may have high blood pressure or headaches or other such organ issues. Nerves control everything in your body. I literally have not had a headache in 37 years since seeing him. My EX wife used to have migraines that would cause her to spend 2 days in bed in a dark room and vomit from the pain. No more after seeing Dr. Hanson. That was worth the trip and the $20 a pop he charged.

Latest posts

Top Bottom