My CM9 review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any issues?
None on either CW series gun. I've had two PM-9s and neither one was reliable in my hand, consistently. They might be trouble-free for 150 or 200 rds, then, whamm, a failure to feed. Part of the problem may have also been that I was comparing the reliability of both the little Kahrs to my benchmark standard of that time, the Browning Hi Power. The BHP is a tough act to follow. My Kahrs are all gone now, replaced by my new benchmark standard for reliability, the HK P7. I might talk myself into another K-9 some day, though ('bout forgot about the K-9 I had).

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have well past 1K through my PM9 and I've shot all sorts of junk ammo through it. Not one problem.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had my CM9 for about a year and a half, and it has been great. I couldn't ask for much more out of a gun that size... I don't feel nearly as undergunned versus a full size as I used to when I carried a .380 Kel Tec. Unfortunately, my situation dictates carrying something in that size range or not carrying at all during the work week. The only issue I have had is that it doesn't always lock back on empty. That might have to do with the fact that it didn't have a drop of lube on it when that happened, and had been carried daily, usually in my pocket, for months since its last lubing. I haven't had any feeding or firing issues, other than a user-induced malf when I had the top round in a mag pushed down so that it "nose-dived." I have to say, the way the Kahr single stack mag is designed, that is fairly easy to do though.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hensch, my first PM-9, bought brand-new, would frequently exhibit the same nose-dive malfunction. I think the Kahr line of pistols are some of the finest concealed carry weapons made, but the smallest ones are just not for me. I'm a big fan of the CW-9/K-9 size.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hensch, my first PM-9, bought brand-new, would frequently exhibit the same nose-dive malfunction. I think the Kahr line of pistols are some of the finest concealed carry weapons made, but the smallest ones are just not for me. I'm a big fan of the CW-9/K-9 size.

Did this happen with both mags? From what I'm reading the 6 rounder is gtg but the problem is with the 7 round. Most have called kahr and send the mag back and they replaced it with a 6 round.

Latest posts

Top Bottom