My CM9 review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't say he's "lucky"..... I've owned 4 Kahrs and still own 2 and haven't had any issues. Sucks about yours but sounds like they're taking care of it.

This is not the first Kahr I have worked on, it is the first one I have owned. We have several people come shoot with us on a weekly basis, several of my son in laws friends/coworkers jumped on the Kahr wagon, I have seen enough of them that I would personally never carry one for my main self defense weapon, I wanted to give this one a try to see if it would replace the tried and true Ruger LCP and so far nothing but a junk pistol in my mind. But I can tell that the pistol is built to be a long term pistol in the respect of it should run several, several thousands of rounds before wear and parts are needed, and the Ruger line of little ones are not no 5000 round pistols. I know of at least 10 Kahr's that have been sent back to the company, and a couple others that replacement parts were sent to be replaced. To me even if you feel you got a "good one" and shoot a few thousand rounds through it, I would not trust it. Now I am biased, very biased. But that bias has came to me in years of proof.

You guys that own Kahr pistols should strip your uppers all the way down and do some polishing, you want to make that trigger even better than it is, it can be smoothed up very incredible. I like the triggers on them, and when you tear one down, you will see that they pretty much copied Glock. And what is more astonishing is they have enough material left in striker port that they could have put a return spring to ensure the firing pin to always retract, but then again so could Glock. And on the small 380's they know then need to re design the feed ramps to a more conducive angle, as the are way to steep, that is why flat nose rounds are rough in them. The tech and I talked quite a long time, and I was told that they are working on re engineering the striker fire pin to retract and that they really goofed on the first mags that they made, the ones with the little spring that held pressure on the mag via the follower. He also hinted of sporadic quality control on the machining, said they had batches of pistols that had to be taken back. Well, long story that I hope I get this one back and it is as dependable as the three that belong to my son in law and two of his buds carry as back up. I have shot theirs, stripped theirs and put my parts into theirs to find where the slop was and theirs have not missed a beat. I was with two of them helping them break theirs in.

Last edited:

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a CW-9 an a CW-45 which have been 100% reliable for way over 400 rounds each. I prefer the 45acp one since it will take 1911a1 mags. I'm also interested in their new one, the CT-380.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kahr tech called and we talked around 3 oclock today, got a notice that the pistol will be here by 10:30 in the morning by FedEx! Says, it will be delivered by 10:30 and a adult signature is required! Overnight shipping. Not to bad. I told the tech I will be running it through the ringer Sat morning, as we are going to shoot Sat. Then I want to head to the Pawnee Run and Gun and watch.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kahr tech called and we talked around 3 oclock today, got a notice that the pistol will be here by 10:30 in the morning by FedEx! Says, it will be delivered by 10:30 and a adult signature is required! Overnight shipping. Not to bad. I told the tech I will be running it through the ringer Sat morning, as we are going to shoot Sat. Then I want to head to the Pawnee Run and Gun and watch.

That sounds like good service. Let us know how it runs.

Rains

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a CW-9 an a CW-45 which have been 100% reliable for way over 400 rounds each. I prefer the 45acp one since it will take 1911a1 mags. I'm also interested in their new one, the CT-380.

I've got a ct380 that should be shipping any time now from Bud's.

hopefully I'll be able to do a comparison review against my cm9 soon.

Rains

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the CT380 sized between the cm9 and the cw9?

yeah kinda, but it's the width of the cw380 and lighter than the cm9 by about 2.5 oz.

CM9 specs.
Length O/A: 5.42"
Height: 4.0"
Slide Width: .90"
Weight: Pistol 14 ounces, Magazine 1.9 ounces

CT380 specs.
Length O/A: 5.52"
Height: 4.4"
Slide Width: .75"
Weight: Pistol 11.44 ounces (w/o magazine)

If I don't like the longer grip length on the ct380 I may just chop it to the cw380. Don't know though yet.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is not the first Kahr I have worked on, it is the first one I have owned. We have several people come shoot with us on a weekly basis, several of my son in laws friends/coworkers jumped on the Kahr wagon, I have seen enough of them that I would personally never carry one for my main self defense weapon, I wanted to give this one a try to see if it would replace the tried and true Ruger LCP and so far nothing but a junk pistol in my mind. But I can tell that the pistol is built to be a long term pistol in the respect of it should run several, several thousands of rounds before wear and parts are needed, and the Ruger line of little ones are not no 5000 round pistols. I know of at least 10 Kahr's that have been sent back to the company, and a couple others that replacement parts were sent to be replaced. To me even if you feel you got a "good one" and shoot a few thousand rounds through it, I would not trust it. Now I am biased, very biased. But that bias has came to me in years of proof.

You guys that own Kahr pistols should strip your uppers all the way down and do some polishing, you want to make that trigger even better than it is, it can be smoothed up very incredible. I like the triggers on them, and when you tear one down, you will see that they pretty much copied Glock. And what is more astonishing is they have enough material left in striker port that they could have put a return spring to ensure the firing pin to always retract, but then again so could Glock. And on the small 380's they know then need to re design the feed ramps to a more conducive angle, as the are way to steep, that is why flat nose rounds are rough in them. The tech and I talked quite a long time, and I was told that they are working on re engineering the striker fire pin to retract and that they really goofed on the first mags that they made, the ones with the little spring that held pressure on the mag via the follower. He also hinted of sporadic quality control on the machining, said they had batches of pistols that had to be taken back. Well, long story that I hope I get this one back and it is as dependable as the three that belong to my son in law and two of his buds carry as back up. I have shot theirs, stripped theirs and put my parts into theirs to find where the slop was and theirs have not missed a beat. I was with two of them helping them break theirs in.

You seem to be an impressive beacon for Kahr unreliability. On the other hand, there are apparently lots of "lucky" guys on this board it seems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom