My CM9 review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, some of the earlier PM9s were more prone to nose-dives (not just a mag issue). Whatever the issue/s were (one being the extractor), it's a much rarer occurrence now.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did this happen with both mags? From what I'm reading the 6 rounder is gtg but the problem is with the 7 round. Most have called kahr and send the mag back and they replaced it with a 6 round.
I honestly don't remember. I bought that PM-9 late in 2008 and shot it thru early 2009. I bought another one, used, about a year later, but again, I don't recall the details. When I get the time, I'll check back thru my notes and see if I noted a difference between the mags, but I don't think I'll be able to come up with much info for you.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly don't remember. I bought that PM-9 late in 2008 and shot it thru early 2009. I bought another one, used, about a year later, but again, I don't recall the details. When I get the time, I'll check back thru my notes and see if I noted a difference between the mags, but I don't think I'll be able to come up with much info for you.

No worries, just wondering. Most of the reports I have read of issues have been 2011 or earlier, could not find much of people having issues now. I feel pretty good about its reliability at this point, but I will try and get out this weekend and out some more rounds down it.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421337073.489132.jpg

It's small enough to pocket carry IMO

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I am out of the Kahr pistols right now, but I have owned all the 9s, 40s, and 45s. Never had one that didn't run right out of the box. They are just great pistols.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am out of the Kahr pistols right now, but I have owned all the 9s, 40s, and 45s. Never had one that didn't run right out of the box. They are just great pistols.

Your a lucky dude is all I can say. Just got a call from Kahr less than a hour ago, there sending one back to me with a complete new upper slide and all internal components in the slide. The striker pin port, striker block port and the striker spacer were all way out of tolerance, it was so sloppy the pistol would not run a single mag full of ammo successfully. Thanks to a fellow member here who sold me the piece of ****. Hoping that it comes back repaired. So in essence they are sending me back a pistol with a complete new upper half on it. I will say that they are taking care of it at least. The guy said he ran 5 mags through it when he first got it, and not one mag load would function to empty. He went on to say after he installed a new upper slide and all components that it has not failed once on 6 mags full of varying mfg ammo. So here is hoping !!

He also said he noticed that I had the entire internals looking like a mirror, and wanted to know what I used to make em shine. I told him what I use and how I did it. He went on to say that every pistol should leave the factory looking like the one I sent back to him, but it would cost so much in overhead to do that polishing. I agreed. It does take time to get one smooth inside.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't say he's "lucky"..... I've owned 4 Kahrs and still own 2 and haven't had any issues. Sucks about yours but sounds like they're taking care of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom