My CM9 review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your a lucky dude is all I can say. Just got a call from Kahr less than a hour ago, there sending one back to me with a complete new upper slide and all internal components in the slide. The striker pin port, striker block port and the striker spacer were all way out of tolerance, it was so sloppy the pistol would not run a single mag full of ammo successfully. Thanks to a fellow member here who sold me the piece of ****. Hoping that it comes back repaired. So in essence they are sending me back a pistol with a complete new upper half on it. I will say that they are taking care of it at least. The guy said he ran 5 mags through it when he first got it, and not one mag load would function to empty. He went on to say after he installed a new upper slide and all components that it has not failed once on 6 mags full of varying mfg ammo. So here is hoping !!

He also said he noticed that I had the entire internals looking like a mirror, and wanted to know what I used to make em shine. I told him what I use and how I did it. He went on to say that every pistol should leave the factory looking like the one I sent back to him, but it would cost so much in overhead to do that polishing. I agreed. It does take time to get one smooth inside.

isn't that a cw 380 you had problems with? I've heard of a few problems with the tiny 380.
I have had 4 pm 9's and atleast a dozen cm 9's never a malfunction with any.only problem I have with kahrs is the slide release beats my thumb up

nate76

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a CW9 that I've had for several years, 100% reliable. The CM9 has peaked my interest but I haven't pulled the trigger on one, something more shiny always seems to be first in line.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
isn't that a cw 380 you had problems with? I've heard of a few problems with the tiny 380.
I have had 4 pm 9's and atleast a dozen cm 9's never a malfunction with any.only problem I have with kahrs is the slide release beats my thumb up

Yep Kendall, it is the little one and it gave me fits. Just got it back in the mail a hour or so ago and on my way to go shoot it. And your spot on about the slide release, and if you ever so slightly touch it on last round, it won't function. Picky little pistol on that and the ammo it likes. To picky for me. I am going to make sure it functions now correctly and let someone else enjoy it. I sure like the little pistol, the trigger, and how it is built, it is a range built pistol and should run several several thousands of rounds if it would.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well it cycled through 100 rounds. It is picky on ammo, it sure don't like any type of flat nose for sure. The damn feed ramp is so freaking steep it is ridiculous. All they had to do is shorten the barrel and angle the feed ramp at more of a conducive angle and they would have one smooth little 380 that is built like a Glock. They sure got the trigger right on it.

If the angle of feed ramp were corrected, it would run anything you loaded it up with, but as they are now, most flat hollow points will not load at any dependable rate. The pistol loves the Hornady cone tipped ammo and any round nose flies through it. And get this, Kahr even followed up with me on the delivery, called me this afternoon to ensure that it got here, as the email they sent me stated delivery by 10:30 this morning and it was indeed here before the slotted time.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it cycled through 100 rounds. It is picky on ammo, it sure don't like any type of flat nose for sure. The damn feed ramp is so freaking steep it is ridiculous. All they had to do is shorten the barrel and angle the feed ramp at more of a conducive angle and they would have one smooth little 380 that is built like a Glock. They sure got the trigger right on it.

If the angle of feed ramp were corrected, it would run anything you loaded it up with, but as they are now, most flat hollow points will not load at any dependable rate. The pistol loves the Hornady cone tipped ammo and any round nose flies through it. And get this, Kahr even followed up with me on the delivery, called me this afternoon to ensure that it got here, as the email they sent me stated delivery by 10:30 this morning and it was indeed here before the slotted time.

Sounds like it's better.

Not that I have had a lot of them, but every 380 I have had has been picky. That and the cost of the ammo is why I don't own one. The CM9 fits the bill for what I need. As long as the toe holds up, I will go shoot it some more Sunday morning with Druryj. If it continues to be 100% after that I will definitely call it trust worthy.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had 4 pm 9's and at least a dozen cm 9's never a malfunction with any. Only problem I have with kahrs is....
If you've been thru 16 or more of Kahr's littlest 9mm pistols, I'd say that your only problem with Kahrs is Kahr Acquistion Syndrome. You seem unable to keep yourself from buying one, or two, or three, or.... There is help out there for you, you just need to acknowledge that you have a problem. "Hello, my name is Saddlebum, and I am a Kahroholic....":hithead:

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you've been thru 16 or more of Kahr's littlest 9mm pistols, I'd say that your only problem with Kahrs is Kahr Acquistion Syndrome. You seem unable to keep yourself from buying one, or two, or three, or.... There is help out there for you, you just need to acknowledge that you have a problem. "Hello, my name is Saddlebum, and I am a Kahroholic....":hithead:
Druryj and 1911master have owned just about everyone I've owned and if you counted every time I've owned the same one twice or three times it would be north of 30 and that doesn't count the cw's ,k's and mk's

Last edited:

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Druryj and 1911master have owned just about everyone I've owned and if you counted every time I've owned the same one twice or three times I would it would be north of 30 and that doesn't count the cw's ,k's and mk's

I blame everything on Joel. He causes me to trade all kinds of stuff and then trade back and then back again. He is the trade devil. But I think he learned it from you! ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom