My dad is ready for war

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I won't take my chances. You get what you pay for, and I hope the OP didn't pay much for it!

they got a decent deal overall for a COTS setup with it all...it's no acog or trijicon or anything nice, but for plinking and no more than they need for a little while it should be fine.

Not saying I'd use it for service or be my choice if I needed to put one through hell again. For basic light use at the range or maybe some critters then sure.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
they got a decent deal overall for a COTS setup with it all...it's no acog or trijicon or anything nice, but for plinking and no more than they need for a little while it should be fine.

Not saying I'd use it for service or be my choice if I needed to put one through hell again. For basic light use at the range or maybe some critters then sure.

I agree, for plinking it'll might suffice, but I look at it like this. If you're going to spend 500 bucks for a pistol, don't buy a cheap fobus holster to run the gun in. If you're going to buy yourself a nice sports car, don't run Walmart Goodyear Viva 2 tires on it! If you're going to spend 800+ on an AR, don't put airsoft quality optics on it! Same goes for the OP's camera, I'm sure he didn't go half ass on it :P

I'm just sayin ;)

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, for plinking it'll might suffice, but I look at it like this. If you're going to spend 500 bucks for a pistol, don't buy a cheap fobus holster to run the gun in. If you're going to buy yourself a nice sports car, don't run Walmart Goodyear Viva 2 tires on it! If you're going to spend 800+ on an AR, don't put airsoft quality optics on it! Same goes for the OP's camera, I'm sure he didn't go half ass on it :P

I'm just sayin ;)

I purposely run my Sig Frakenstein gun out of a fobus evolution holster at okmulgee's range when training and running drills.

I love when people talk smack about them being junk and then I pull out a gun that's half Sig P226 Blackwater Tactical and half P226 Combat and blow them away on the shot timer with multiples setup or doing moving drills.

I'm thinling of making an entire practical carbine setup tac-vest out of duck tape just to do it :)

Now optics on the other hand... There's a bottom limit where you just can't cross and I'd say that (especially with electronic optics), NCstar is below that limit.

OP - check out the rifle section - plenty of info on budget optics that are decent quality - I'm all about saving money but online reviews and sights like this one can help you make informed decicions if you read before you buy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom