My Garand is here!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stopped by FedEx on my way home from work this morning and picked up my big box from the CMP. I'll get some pics up this afternoon once I get some sleep. Got to switch my backordered HRA to a Springfield and I'm happy with my choice. SN is 919XX so from a quick search looks like late 1940. Muzzle and throat are both 1+ According to the armorer tag

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A five-digit SN is cool! I'm guessing you got a Service Grade? Looking forward to hearing the details and seeing pics.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll try to get pics up tonight or maybe tomorrow. So far with some help from Brad (bsmith918), I know I have a "lead dipped" receiver, the bolt is SA, the barrel is SA dated 6/54, the trigger group is IHC and the stock is a birch GI and over all is in very good shape.!I am more than pleased with what I received.

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds good so far! Any cartouches on the stock? What make is the op rod? You could probably sell that IHC trigger group for a pretty penny and use some of the funds to get an SA group. Lots of people on the CMP forum now looking for IHC parts.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds good so far! Any cartouches on the stock? What make is the op rod? You could probably sell that IHC trigger group for a pretty penny and use some of the funds to get an SA group. Lots of people on the CMP forum now looking for IHC parts.

It is a very nice service grade. I have yet to get a 5 digit myself, so I am a little jealous. I used my ME/TE gauge and it measured true to the tag. The stock had a good solid lockup with very little wear. The gas cylinder had no movement and was very tight. I liked it a lot more than the last SASG I received, which unfortunately showed up in a new CMP stock. If I remember correctly, the op rod was an SA.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom