My God, commercial volumes is killing me...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sitting at the puter next to the TV, the wife and kid are in and out, watching The Incredible Hulk on FX... and when the commercials come on they are so much louder than the movie it is ridiculous! With the home theater system it goes from average volume listening level to a commercial that sounds like an action scene from The Dark Knight or something.

Give me a break, FX! Seriously???? Other channels have a similar issue, but not as profound. I know why they do it, I know it's intentional and commercials are supposed to keep your attention when you get up to go into the kitchen or whatever, but G*******T it's annoying as hell and pissing me off enough that in the future I will personally avoid watching movies on FX and SPIKE (my wife says they are the same way, but I can't remember ever watching it).... it's such an annoyance.

I have DISH and have The Hopper and have the "volume leveling" or whatever it's called activated, but it seems to make zero difference to me, honestly. If this is an improvement, my God, commercials might blow my speakers if I don't use the leveler!

Just bitching... first world problems, I know, but you can't even hold a conversation when the commercials come on. And hearing "J.G. Wentworth - 877-CASH-NOW!!!!!" at 120 decibels is ridiculous!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom