My God, commercial volumes is killing me...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Commercials are evil.

I record everything to skip them or watch online.

The FCC ruling is a joke. Nothing's enforced. Typical gov't though...look, we did something. We made a rule.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
record everything you want to watch, and blow through the commercials.

Most 30 minute programs have 12 minutes of commercials.

If you have a DVR or some equivalent, this is the way to go. If it's something you want to see as soon as possible, take a 20 minute break while the show is getting started, "rewind," and you should be able to zip through the commercials without catching up. We do this almost all the time.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have a DVR or some equivalent, this is the way to go. If it's something you want to see as soon as possible, take a 20 minute break while the show is getting started, "rewind," and you should be able to zip through the commercials without catching up. We do this almost all the time.

We do this alot, too. Especially with Thunder games... we wouldn't start watching until usually an hour or so into the game. Of course, that meant I had to avoid the Thunder threads on here while surfing so I didn't catch the spoilers as people posted to keep the scores up to the minute for those who couldn't watch. Ugh.

I have The Hopper, which has a huge DVR, but once in while we watch something live. I hate it, though. We just switched our DVR a couple of weeks ago, so we're building our collection back up in terms of DVR'd movies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom