My new AR build is short stroking.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok, plug up the muzzle and chamber then try again. If there isnt any loss of pressure we are left with the bcg and its mating surface with the gas tube, which looked fine in the pic.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im not laughing! that was a good idea. sounds like the system thus far is solid. The port may be on the smaller side of what I have experienced; I think mine was .077 new, but that shouldnt be that big of a difference.

let me recheck that, be back quick

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, maybe a little more than halfway. I do have a compressor, but it will take a little doing to get it going. Had to cut my PVC lines for the new garage door tracks.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thats where it should be for sure. Dont worry about the compressor, it wasnt that important. Since the bcg is from bcm and new, it should certainly pass a gas ring test. Am I correct to assume the gas key is solid and no evidence of leakage around the interface of the bcg body and key?

does the gas tube to bcg gas key interface line up and seems tight?

If that checks out we have eliminated the gas system as a problem as far as I know. That just leaves the buffer and spring. Fortunately they are the easiest to check. Do you have another carbine spring and a carbine buffer?

Latest posts

Top Bottom