My new fishing vehicle got paint today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live out by Reno and Mustang Road too. I stopped over at Swampratt's today and got the chance to lay me old eyeballs on it, what a sweet ride, sure brings back memories of my high school days! Some really good ones and some...eh, not so much! But it is a nice car, that's for sure.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live out by Reno and Mustang Road too. I stopped over at Swampratt's today and got the chance to lay me old eyeballs on it, what a sweet ride, sure brings back memories of my high school days! Some really good ones and some...eh, not so much! But it is a nice car, that's for sure.

Bad memories huh? I bet of some young girls telling you NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in the big back seat!! LOL!! Haaaaaa!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well the wife drove it today about 2 miles and i drove it about 2 miles..She is peppy like my truck.
Had to take a little timing out as she would ping in third at 40mph when you load it up.
It is a bit lean,, no stumble or bucking when cruising but when you open the primaries about 1/2 way she goes lean , you can feel the nose over lean condition.
I will need to step up that circuit a bit.. I will also add some more initial advance,, actually do that first before i play more with the carb.
About 1/2 throttle is all i gave it so far.. and nothing over 3500 rpm yet.
A few rattles that can be cured.. Speedometer counts miles but NO speed indicator.. and it howls.
Probably ain't been spun in 20 years.

But for the maiden voyage she did really well.
It is peppy ..I did a manual shift from first to second at low 3000 rpm and 1/3 throttle and she got a little rubber going into second..235-75-15 goodyear wranglers.

Bunch of little things to do but she is road worthy and legal.
Missing a couple chrome pieces but that does not bother me .

1957 210 insurance pictures 003.jpg1957 210 insurance pictures 001.jpg

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have done a smash up job buddy! That looks great! 235/75/15 tires, now them are Truck Tires!!! They should carry the load, trunk full of deer, coon, possums and more! And room up front for six full size adults, and a rear window dash area that will carry a pile of rifles and pistols!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys.. yep i like the color now.
I took it out again for a spin this time to see what it is made of..
Lean when cold.. no choke.. that is a good thing..Got it warmed up and nailed it and it will fry the tires all the way through first and into second.
Driving for traction it will hook up and rev to 6,000 rpm lickity split.
Slower than my truck but really impressed with it ,, especially since I never thought the small 260H cam would pull past 5500-5700rpm.
She does not float valves and it does not lay down at 6000 either.. I just felt that was a good test for now.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds perfect! What did you use for ignition? Now you got to find a good set of Mud/Snow or even more aggressive for the back, to get through the mud and muck!!!!!!!!!!!!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A GM aluminum body points distributor with single point and stock coil.
RV17YC spark plugs..Those electronic jamming devices do not stand a chance :)

I thought I would upgrade it to a pertronix III conversion in the future.
But i will check MPG now and then when i convert it...I need to get a speedometer

Latest posts

Top Bottom