My review of the new Marlin 795 LTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very useful review; thanks! I am interested in these rifles and am contemplating picking one up to take to my first Appleseed. I know we are lucky to have the events offered regularly here in Oklahoma.

The LTRs are all New York-made, post-buyout Marlins, right?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome... glad y'all found the review helpful. See you in Tulsa JLW!

The only real negatives I can find so far on the rifle is that it will start to malfunction if you put pressure on the mag; and that some shooters find it hard to get into a position where their hand and/or arm doesn't contact the mag... usually smaller statured shooters. Being a roughly average-sized male, I don't have any problems with it.

Yes, this is a NY-made Freedom Group Marlin. My Dad bought an early Freedom Group 795 a few years ago, and it was noticeably rougher than this one. It looks like they've made at least some improvement since the buyout.

JLW

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome... glad y'all found the review helpful. See you in Tulsa JLW!

The only real negatives I can find so far on the rifle is that it will start to malfunction if you put pressure on the mag; and that some shooters find it hard to get into a position where their hand and/or arm doesn't contact the mag... usually smaller statured shooters. Being a roughly average-sized male, I don't have any problems with it.

Yes, this is a NY-made Freedom Group Marlin. My Dad bought an early Freedom Group 795 a few years ago, and it was noticeably rougher than this one. It looks like they've made at least some improvement since the buyout.

Henschman, did you ever find any information on if this thing was ok to dry fire? I am working on a getting some snapcaps, but they are not here yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom