NBA Finals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First two games kinda sucked (although I thoroughly enjoy a Queen Lebron beatdown).
3rd game was good...got Cleveland all hyped up then shut them down at the very end.

So...will it be a sweep or will Cleveland prevail for game 4?

I'm not a big basketball buff...but playoffs are fun to watch.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a hockey nut, and haven't seen any games, but clicked over and watched the third & fourth quarters last night. Not losing a game in the playoffs is pretty impressive. Has that ever been done before?

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a hockey nut, and haven't seen any games, but clicked over and watched the third & fourth quarters last night. Not losing a game in the playoffs is pretty impressive. Has that ever been done before?

Haven't watched tv regularly in years but I used to be a hockey fanatic, too. I'm a little late to the party this year but am looking forward to next season. I tried to get into BB but except for Westbrook (that guy is a joy to watch in action) it bores the hell outta me. NFL used to keep me enthralled, too, but too many snowflakes coming up through the ranks. That, and concussions (and good ol' Roger) are gonna kill football off in the next 20 years.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've watched it all and I'm, sadly, enjoying the beat down of James. Great player, but the way he left (years ago) still sticks in my craw along with the all star Miami thing.
Glad to see Durant, and company, dominate. He deserves the ring and everything else he gets. Maybe he might decide to come back OKC to finish his career. He built the Thunder program and I won't forget that.
I'll root for the sweep. Last nights game was fun but so was the butt kicking

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Durant didn't build the Thunder. Westbrook did. Durant was just the face of the team because his ego (and Momma Durant) needed it that way. If Durant played like Westbrook, and been a man instead of jumping the way he did (again, I was WAY unimpressed with how he just kinda skunk out of town on the red-eye instead of standing up like a man) well ...

Guess you know I'm not a big Kevin Durant fan, huh? Lol

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Durant didn't build the Thunder. Westbrook did. Durant was just the face of the team because his ego (and Momma Durant) needed it that way. If Durant played like Westbrook, and been a man instead of jumping the way he did (again, I was WAY unimpressed with how he just kinda skunk out of town on the red-eye instead of standing up like a man) well ...

Guess you know I'm not a big Kevin Durant fan, huh? Lol
Seems so. Ha!
I just have a different perspective on Durant. To me, he's the same player at GS and it shows with how they are playing. I'm a huge Westbrook fan. Super talent.
As far as him leaving, he wanted a ring. I get it.
Leaving is hard with no good way to do it.
I understand how you feel. I'm a Thunder fan and hated to see him go, but may have done the same in his shoes.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems so. Ha!
I just have a different perspective on Durant. To me, he's the same player at GS and it shows with how they are playing. I'm a huge Westbrook fan. Super talent.
As far as him leaving, he wanted a ring. I get it.
Leaving is hard with no good way to do it.
I understand how you feel. I'm a Thunder fan and hated to see him go, but may have done the same in his shoes.

Can't really argue with any of that either. Not saying Durant isn't a talented player, just not a good leader and always manages to come in second. Time will tell this time, though, I guess.

If GS gets a ring this year Durant will surely have had a hand in that, but it will be won because he joined up with a team that already had their "A" list in place. And he just happened to slide in on their coat tails because Durant either isn't willing to put in the extra work, or is not talented enough, to be "that" guy who can get it done when it is all or nothing. I tend to think he's just a little bit lazier than people think, and a bit more of a momma's boy than he should be. Keeping your kid's dependent on your approval is NOT good for them. It is one thing to love and honor your parents. It's another thing completely to need Mommy's permission to marry when you are in your 30s.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't really argue with any of that either. Not saying Durant isn't a talented player, just not a good leader and always manages to come in second. Time will tell this time, though, I guess.

If GS gets a ring this year Durant will surely have had a hand in that, but it will be won because he joined up with a team that already had their "A" list in place. And he just happened to slide in on their coat tails because Durant either isn't willing to put in the extra work, or is not talented enough, to be "that" guy who can get it done when it is all or nothing. I tend to think he's just a little bit lazier than people think, and a bit more of a momma's boy than he should be. Keeping your kid's dependent on your approval is NOT good for them. It is one thing to love and honor your parents. It's another thing completely to need Mommy's permission to marry when you are in your 30s.
Good point.
If my mom was still alive, I would never let her run my life and tell me what to do. That's my wife's job and she darn good at it. Ha!

Latest posts

Top Bottom